Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I let her out and sat back down again. Because there wasn’t really any room for her in the already crowded aisle, she kept trying to back into the space where I was sitting. Only to be met by my bony elbow.

I hope you followed it up with 'sorry can you not sit on my arm please?'

Guest Moomintroll
Gerry Cinnamon.
Like a musical version of Janey Godley.
That's harsh, no one in any other form of entertainment is as bad as that bint. Well, except for Piers Morgan.

19 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
20 minutes ago, throbber said:
Not being able to buy alcohol in Scotland between 10pm-10am is a joke and the law should be changed immediately.

Make it 24 hours like here? It's brilliant.

And in most of England.

I’m not as bothered about stopping selling it at 10pm for a few hours but what’s the point in having to wait til 10 am to buy it in the morning? Lots of people do their shopping and early and it’s a good time to stock up on booze when the shops are quiet. I wanted to buy a crate of beer and a few bottles of wine for my visit to my parents who don’t live anywhere near a big supermarket yesterday and it hit home what a stupid law it was. Almost as stupid as being told you can’t have a beer at the football because of a few idiots actions back in 1980.

Cologne, Germany. Can wander into a koisk any time of day or night and grab a cold beer. Or several. Or indeed many other drinks.

I was thinking for a second you might have been meaning you were somewhere with a 24 hour period of not being able to buy booze and were being a smart arse. That’s the way it should be though, having a designated window of when you can buy alcohol really isn’t going to help anyone.

I was thinking for a second you might have been meaning you were somewhere with a 24 hour period of not being able to buy booze and were being a smart arse. That’s the way it should be though, having a designated window of when you can buy alcohol really isn’t going to help anyone.
That's it. If people want a drink, for whatever reason, they should be able to.

It's great having such flexibility especially now in the summer when it's warm, just grab one at night when going for a walk down at the river. Or on the train home from somewhere.

I just spent my lunch time listening to people ranting like f**k about airport staff going on strike and how selfish they were cos people want to go on holidays. These are people who VERY recently benefitted financially, by a very large number thanks to the work of a union.

This despite no one at the table knowing what the dispute was about (myself included).

Selfish, selfish wankers.

Those bogs that don't have a plug, just a light sensitive thing that you wave your hand over.

I'm not exactly svelte and when I'm sitting on one they keep flushing because my shadow causes the light sensor to make the bog flush. This is especially annoying when one is trying to wipe one's chocolate starfish.