Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

20 hours ago, throbber said:

Yeah it looks decent anyway - http://www.greenmangopanasiancuisine.com/menu

We can use my mother in law as babysitter when we’re in Elgin but it’s not so easy in Edinburgh, thanks for the offer though and I’m sure my mrs would be just thrilled to leave our child with a strange I met on a football forum in future!

Not really Thai restaurant, only has 3 meals that are Thai.

Also, Drunken Noodles (Pad Ke Mao)  Translates to Instant noodles with Vegetables, nicknamed drunken, because this is what you can make while pished. Think pot noodle on a plate. 10:95, If this is what daft western pay, I'm coming back to set up. 

I think they will probable serve if with big fat noodles (rice) not the instant, probably cost them about 1 quid to make.

Edited by SlipperyP

How was your Thai curry?

It wasn’t actually a Thai place I got somewhat mixed up, was one of those places you get the meal cooked in front of you. Was bloody good tbf but didn’t get much change back off £100 for the night out. Would recommend though.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

It wasn’t actually a Thai place I got somewhat mixed up, was one of those places you get the meal cooked in front of you. Was bloody good tbf but didn’t get much change back off £100 for the night out. Would recommend though.

Elgin seems to have gone up in the world since I left it. 

Fucking hell. 
Beats the Ionic or the Vic I suppose.

Is the Ionic the Rangers pub? It was just across from it, called the Druth or something like that. It might not have been a gin bar but I had a gin regardless and the man who served me had tattoos and a beard despite being well spoken, it was like being back in Leith.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

To be fair, that included the cost of the bairn's iPad.

Guest Moomintroll

In fairness, he moved to Dundee which has significantly gone up in the world in recent times as well.
The exception that proves the rule, and yes before any smartarse points it out, I know what the phrase originally meant.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, The OP said:
When you’ve never watched cricket before so you can’t immediately tell on a quick channel change whether England are winning or losing.

Shrodingers cricket match

Seems like one of the teams is winning 59-1. Hopefully it’s NZ.

1 hour ago, The OP said:

When you’ve never watched cricket before so you can’t immediately tell on a quick channel change whether England are winning or losing.

After watching it for five minutes while waiting for the F1 to come on I'm just wondering how cricket was a thing before slow-motion cameras and whatever the equivalent of goal line technology is