Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Parents who put Peppa Pig or whatever on their phone and prop it up for a toddler to watch in the middle of a restaurant. Social workers should be on patrol and armed so that they can dispatch these utter wasters and then hand the child over to adopters.

What part of this gets on your nerves?

Woman sitting next to me at work has used the phrase "...for all intensive purposes.." twice in the last ten minutes
Amazing how common it is to hear this. They're the same people that get the 'just' of what you're saying and are on 'tenderhooks' when you don't tell them something. Reminds me of a woman I used to work with who was always asking people if they could be more pacific when describing something!

Just now, throbber said:

So you would prefer hearing a toddler screaming and crying then I take it?

Are those literally the only two options? The parents could, I don't know, play with her.

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:
7 hours ago, Arabdownunder said:
Woman sitting next to me at work has used the phrase "...for all intensive purposes.." twice in the last ten minutes

Amazing how common it is to hear this. They're the same people that get the 'just' of what you're saying and are on 'tenderhooks' when you don't tell them something. Reminds me of a woman I used to work with who was always asking people if they could be more pacific when describing something!

This is quite common in New Zealand.

Having a wee cold. Went to sleep with a horrible feeling in the back of my throat, woke up blowing my nose all the time and a sore head.

Also, English c***s that ask where you're from and at the response Scotland go '... Huh... Neighbours. Not to me you're not you fucking wee c**t.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

People that don’t understand that having earphones in is the international sign of “leave me alone and don’t talk to me”.

^ This. I like to combine it with reflective sunglasses so they can't make eye contact either.

Why do random strangers feel a need to start a conversation? Unless you're my doctor, my boss or a member of my immediate family, you have nothing to say that I need to hear.

3 minutes ago, nsr said:

^ This. I like to combine it with reflective sunglasses so they can't make eye contact either.

Why do random strangers feel a need to start a conversation? Unless you're my doctor, my boss or a member of my immediate family, you have nothing to say that I need to hear.

You communicate with you family? They're the ones avoid most.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You communicate with you family? They're the ones avoid most.

Well, I give the kids food if they say they're hungry, that sort of thing.

People that don’t understand that having earphones in is the international sign of “leave me alone and don’t talk to me”.
Even worse people that don't follow this rule when you have them in while out on a run! If someone flags me down while running I expect it to be for some life or death thing at the very least, not to ask for directions or what the f*cking time is!!

What exactly do you want the parents to play with her in the middle of a restaurant?

Could play shut the f**k up and eat your food before I beat the f**k out you like me and my dad did when I was wee? Even as a youngster I had a ruthless streak.