Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Tenerife in Puerto Santiago which is a nice quiet little place.

Staying in a holiday village hotel so it's my own fault really.  

I’m currently in one in Majorca. I have to say despite my fears it’s not been too bad. Few old firm tops as standard.

Kids haven’t been at kids club as You can’t leave under 8’s. They’ve had a great time. Foods been as I expected but we went out last night. 

We went into town last night for meal and market on old town on Sunday. But they just wanted back to the pool!

My first time abroad since I was 19 and on my own with three kids. It’s worked out ok.

I’m currently in one in Majorca. I have to say despite my fears it’s not been too bad. Few old firm tops as standard.
Kids haven’t been at kids club as You can’t leave under 8’s. They’ve had a great time. Foods been as I expected but we went out last night. 
We went into town last night for meal and market on old town on Sunday. But they just wanted back to the pool!
My first time abroad since I was 19 and on my own with three kids. It’s worked out ok.

If you don’t mind me asking, who did you fly with & how were they with 3 young kids?

23 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

If you don’t mind me asking, who did you fly with & how were they with 3 young kids?

Flew with Thomas Cook, mine are 10, 8 and 6 so I just shoved them on tablets with headphones. Miami next year may be more of a challenge. Going to stay with friends in Coral Springs.

Flew with Thomas Cook, mine are 10, 8 and 6 so I just shoved them on tablets with headphones. Miami next year may be more of a challenge. Going to stay with friends in Coral Springs.

Ah ok, thanks, I mistakenly thought that all were under 7, hence restricted access to the kids club. Yeah, correct, a longer flight is more problematic but you’ll probably find that long haul will have more options & be more sympathetic to kids, may be wrong, but that’s my experience.

36 minutes ago, Rowan said:

You'll be fine.  Weans of (then) 11, 9 and 7 will cope with long-haul with ease.  It's the adults you have to worry about.

10 hours ago, Rowan said:

On first read I thought you were saying you’d drugged the kids up for the flight :lol:

24 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Doubles players at Wimbledon having to have 'secret' conversations before every serve.

Serve it to the left

Naw, right

Oh ok then

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

On first read I thought you were saying you’d drugged the kids up for the flight :lol:

I did say to couple of people I hoped I didn’t ‘Mccann’ the trip.

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Doubles players at Wimbledon having to have 'secret' conversations before every serve.

"Does my arse look big in this? No way I'm bending down in front of the net."

Package holidays are grim.

Shipped into the sun like cattle and fed copious amounts of terrible watered down booze and cheap food as long as you stay in your hotel and don’t murder anyone.

All Until you’re deemed ready to be shipped back home to your hovel, hungover to f**k, twice the size and not rested in the slightest.

You got some sun though, so that’s a win.
You still spend a fortune. We did this two weeks ago in Salou.
Get up get breakfast and go out for the day. Spend whatever and then back at night for tea.
Dont need to stay in hotel but it is handy, especially when you have kids who all they want to do is drink and eat, they couldn't give a f**k if its sunny or no.

However you make it what it is. I enjoyed myself.

Speculative, possibly completely non-causal links between health issues and people doing x, y & z being reported as 'real news'. 

Radio Scotland news bulletins seem to be particularly bad for this of late, sugar in your tea maybe increasing your chances of getting cancer being today's one. 

The next one should be a study saying that wearing Sevco merchandise increases your risk of diabetes and cancer. 

Edited by Hedgecutter