Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's to break up the rhythm of the game.  Especially if they are losing.  If they see their opponent is amped up, has break point say, then he, and others, will go over and use the towel and try and slow things right down.  He quite often makes the server wait a bit longer too.  Like we saw against Kyrgios yesterday.

On the tennis theme - watched Andy’s doubles game yesterday. Why do they need to run to each other to do a hand-slap or a fist-pump after every point?

Edited by pozbaird

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

On the subject of tennis - these fuckwits who have sweatbands on their wrists but insist on a towel after every point. Nadal being the worst.

the Wimbledon crowd (less so at other GrandSlams and not on the ATP circuit - even the bigger events)......all to a person doubled up in absolute uncontrollable tears of laugher when a pigeon lands on the grass, a line judge reacts to get out the way of a ball, or the best, when a ball boy/girl slips. 

the Wimbledon crowd (less so at other GrandSlams and not on the ATP circuit - even the bigger events)......all to a person doubled up in absolute uncontrollable tears of laugher when a pigeon lands on the grass, a line judge reacts to get out the way of a ball, or the best, when a ball boy/girl slips. 
Apparently twice yesterday and once day a champagne cork going on the pitch has stopped play. Today a point had to be replayed.
That will make the comedy bloopers reel at the end of the tournament and I'm sure they were all in stitches

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

On the tennis theme - watched Andy’s doubles game yesterday. Why do they need to run to each other to do a hand-slap or a fist-pump after every point?

This seriously winds up the wife. We were watching a bit last night and she left the room in a seethe.

Im all for it tbh.

A “let” in tennis.

If a serve travelling at 130mph skiffs the top of the net, so what - the ball will seldom change trajectory, and if it does, so what - they’re happy to accept it if it happens later during the point.

Bin these annoying lets now.
I think that being able to hit a ball accurately enough to hit the net exactly enough to then just fall over should be deemed a skill worthy enough to win a point rather than being a foul ball!

26 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

The admin mob in charge of getting my maws ass out of Wishaw General are useless. It's easier to get out of Barlinnie

Bit rude of you talking about your maw's ass. It's arse.

The 'recently watched' / 'suggested videos' categories on the TV's YouTube app, simply because it shows other people the guilty pleasures I've been looking at (watched on both the TV and my laptop seeing as the account is linked).

Edited by Hedgecutter

39 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

I think that being able to hit a ball accurately enough to hit the net exactly enough to then just fall over should be deemed a skill worthy enough to win a point rather than being a foul ball!

Pisses me off in table tennis when it's fine to do it in open play but not on the serve.  One jammy c*** I play sometimes seems to do this annoyingly consistently.  "consequential luck" he calls it (and no, he's not a Sevco fan).  

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Apparently twice yesterday and once day a champagne cork going on the pitch has stopped play. Today a point had to be replayed.
That will make the comedy bloopers reel at the end of the tournament and I'm sure they were all in stitches

The BBC website has a featured video of somebody knocking off his own glasses with a champagne cork. They don't even come all the way off.

On 02/07/2019 at 18:03, The Golden God said:

On the subject of languages/understanding, my favourite part of visiting America was realising the Yanks couldn’t understand me when I was chatting to anyone else Scottish. Never thought I’d have to make a conscious effort to speak slowly and clearly to someone else with English as their first language but they couldn’t understand a single word I was saying to Scottish mates/family. It was mostly amusing once we figured it out although did nearly end up getting battered off some big random guy in a bar cause he took massive offence to people swearing sarcastically. Only got saved by a random Lanarkshire woman who lived out there and explained to him we swear all the time.