Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Because it a yellow football shirt and you're 47.

I’ve taken your points on board, considered them and rejected them.

My ongoing research into late 40s male fashion trends tells me that I should endeavour to bring more colour into my wardrobe in the hope that its influences other auld c***s to ditch the constant blacks (racist!), dark blues, dark greens and greys.

I want the older generation to look like fucking CBeebies presenters.

Birthday celebrations/events. 

Aye very well done for surviving another year, congratulations. If you actually liked all these people you've invited to your birthday night out you'd see them more than once a fucking year. 

Spoiler

And no I wasn't invited

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

House names.

If it's a farm, some big stand alone mansion or B&B for business purposes, then fair enough, but a semi-detached or terraced house called 'Schiehallion' or something of that ilk?  Nah.  Not having it.

Missus' friend bought a detached cottage type house in Newton Mearns and created a name for it. if looking to decide on a venue for some get-together he offers up the name of his house as an option ie "why don't we meet up at Shang-ri-la* ?"

*can't remember the name he gave the place but the name in itself annoys me as much as the fact he named it in the first place. 

My folks named the house I grew up in by Scottish-izing the view of the nearby (English) hill. They had a nameplate made from slate and put it up by the front door so it was the first thing anybody noticed on coming to the house. 

Utter cringe.

My Dad used to include it when giving his address and got annoyed when the rest of us didn't do the same. Worse, when they retired back to Scotland, they took the nameplate with them and put it up on the new house where it made even less sense.

53 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Worse, when they retired back to Scotland, they took the nameplate with them and put it up on the new house where it made even less sense.

Didn't that confuse the postie?

On the subject of house names, my mate (surname: Pirrie) used to live in a house that was miles away from anywhere, essentially in the middle of a big park. Taxi drivers knew where to go when directed to Little House on the Pirrie.

oh how we laughed.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

My Dad used to include it when giving his address and got annoyed when the rest of us didn't do the same. 

This annoys me no end.  My folks used to put every single bit of detail when writing out their address (and mine).  eg

Title. First Name, Surname

House name

House number

Street

Area of the City/Town

City/Town

Postcode

Blew my mothers tiny mind when i once sent here something and only put the house number and the postcode on the envelope and it arrived safely.

On 26/06/2019 at 17:06, Chinatoon Bairn said:

When you're having trouble with something electrical and the token diddy pipes up telling you to "just switch it off and on" and it actually works. Said token diddy then proceeds to big himself up as if he's some sort of genius telling stories about the amount of times "just turning it off and on" works. Fuming. Absolutely fuming.

Never worked for Steven Hawking.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This annoys me no end.  My folks used to put every single bit of detail when writing out their address (and mine).  eg

Title. First Name, Surname

House name

House number

Street

Area of the City/Town

City/Town

Postcode

Blew my mothers tiny mind when i once sent here something and only put the house number and the postcode on the envelope and it arrived safely.

Mr. I.M. Scoats
Bide a Wee
12 Ruel St.,
Mount Florida,
Glasgow,
Lanarkshire,
G44 4AP,
Scotland,
Great Britain,
Europe,
Planet Earth,
Solar System,
Milky Way,
The Universe.

ETA: Did you really just write "12 G44 4AP"?

If so, hats off to Postman Plod.

Edited by Shotgun

20 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

ETA: Did you really just write "12 G44 4AP"?

Tbf, for most addresses, I don't see why we can't just have a system whereby the code 12 G44 4AP UK should get to your house if it was sent from Australia.

What more do you need other than the house number, street (easily identifiable by it's unique code) and a country code?

My mum used to always write this address for her mum when sending from within Scotland:

[insert house number] Davaar Drive,

Wardneuk Estate ,

Kilmarnock,

East Ayrshire ,

[insert postcode],

UK

Mental behaviour.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

You can do this but posties grumble about it

If I can identify any street in Scotland, I'd expect a so called professional  to handle a neigbourhood.

10 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

If I can identify any street in Scotland, I'd expect a so called professional  to handle a neigbourhood.

You expect them to memorise every postcode, even when they shift routes on a regular basis?

P.S. Here you go.

image.thumb.png.fea5f5091599ae43331dda4ab46f3c67.png

Edited by welshbairn