Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

£12 (twelve) to get a fucking duvet cleaned. 

Robbing b*****ds.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Depends what you’ve done to it to be fair

The one that you just sleep under will be cheaper, though.

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

£12 (twelve) to get a fucking duvet cleaned. 

Robbing b*****ds.

Just because you're too lazy to bung it in the machine yourself. Unless it's a dry cleaners, in which case you're an idiot.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Raw food is not something to be scared of. Other excellent raw foods include beef and fish. I will be eating tuna for dinner tonight which will be at least 80% raw.

Also, bacon is cured so not raw really.

Curing just slows bacterial growth, it doesn't kill bacteria that are already there. 

There won't always be enough bacteria there to make you ill, but eventually you'll get a biblical dose of the shits. 

3 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

When you're having trouble with something electrical and the token diddy pipes up telling you to "just switch it off and on" and it actually works. Said token diddy then proceeds to big himself up as if he's some sort of genius telling stories about the amount of times "just turning it off and on" works. Fuming. Absolutely fuming.

That generally works for me although there have been times when I've had to adopt more extreme measures such as putting some electrical device into the freezer and opening all the windows.

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I'm thinking of buying the new Pars top but I don't play football and I wouldn't wear it to a game. Wouldn't wear it as "leisurewear" either. I have a very specific purpose in mind for it. 

Muffy/Renton bed lining? 

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

On the train to Versailles there was a carriage of people wearing Argentina tops on Saturday. It was like 37 degrees outside, hotter on the train.

Football tops aren't made from material that is designed to keep you smelling nice in my experience. Bunch of absolute weirdos. Greasy haired weirdos.

Yep, white (or a light colour) cotton t-shirts for anything over 20 IMO.

House names.

If it's a farm, some big stand alone mansion or B&B for business purposes, then fair enough, but a semi-detached or terraced house called 'Schiehallion' or something of that ilk?  Nah.  Not having it.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

House names.

If it's a farm, some big stand alone mansion or B&B for business purposes, then fair enough, but a semi-detached or terraced house called 'Schiehallion' or something of that ilk?  Nah.  Not having it.

"Dunroamin"

f**k off you old c***s. 

ETA

My house has its original name painted above the door.  In fact all the house in the terrace do although it used to be called something else when it was built.

I presume this is because the houses were built before folk used numbers or some such.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey