Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just got a new phone.

What the f**k is the deal with sim cards? 

First of all to get the sim out my old phone I had to literally dismantle the thing.  Take the case off, take out the battery and then surgically remove it with tweezers.

Then to put it into my new phone I have to find a paper clip, bend it into a metal spear, stick it into my phone to pop out the sim tray.  Remove the sim tray, as awkward and flimsy a piece of plastic as you can imagine with no indication of what way is up or down or how to actually put a sim card in it.

Then I had to remove the sim card from its adapter without breaking it, the new phone is a nano sim, rather than a micro sim, then fit it into the tray, tray in one hand, nano sim in the other.  Of course I dropped the sim card twice and had to frantically search for the tiny bit of plastic.

The whole procedure is a pain in the arse, I can only compare it to trying to make the cockpit part of a model airplane when you are a kid. 

The phone is amazing.  It does amazing things.  Surely there should be a 21st century way of taking a sim card from one phone to the other. 

Contrast with the absolute delight of putting a CD into a 1990s CD player. 

33 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Just got a new phone.

First of all to get the sim out my old phone I had to literally dismantle the thing.  Take the case off, take out the battery and then surgically remove it with tweezers.

Then to put it into my new phone I have to find a paper clip, bend it into a metal spear, stick it into my phone to pop out the sim tray.  Remove the sim tray, as awkward and flimsy a piece of plastic as you can imagine with no indication of what way is up or down or how to actually put a sim card in it.

Then I had to remove the sim card from its adapter without breaking it, the new phone is a nano sim, rather than a micro sim, then fit it into the tray, tray in one hand, nano sim in the other.  Of course I dropped the sim card twice and had to frantically search for the tiny bit of plastic.

The whole procedure is a pain in the arse, I can only compare it to trying to make the cockpit part of a model airplane when you are a kid. 

The phone is amazing.  It does amazing things.  Surely there should be a 21st century way of taking a sim card from one phone to the other. 

9 minutes ago, Dele said:

There is. There will be a 'key' in the box you got with your new phone. 

37E0BF0D-2E0F-4A3A-8F61-8DFF6E4D10F7.gif

Just got a new phone.

How old was your old phone???

I haven't had a remove battery phone in about 5 /6 handsets and a nano SIM has been present in the last 3 at least.

As been mentioned you get a wee key to open it (sometimes contained in the earphones included) the tray should have an image on the SIM part to show which way, my current one the tray shows the SIM and the memory card / second SIM spot.

But at least you have it done now. Enjoy installing all your apps again and trying to recall all your passwords. That's the real PTTGOYN about new phones.

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The constant golf narrative that it would somehow be good for Phil Mickelson to win something.

Hes a cheating p***k. Why must we skirt round this?

Golf is shite.  Why must we skirt round this?

I was looking online at house for sale in Monifieth yesterday.   Was going to book a viewing but the above info has curbed my enthusiasm somewhat.
I imagine your need for a new patio/burial ground will supercede any distaste for rain

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It wasn’t supposed to rain in Monifieth today.  It is raining in Monifieth today.

I hope it goes off later as I’m planning to do a barbecue for dinner.

Fortunately you don't play golf...

45 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
56 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
I was looking online at house for sale in Monifieth yesterday.   Was going to book a viewing but the above info has curbed my enthusiasm somewhat.

I imagine your need for a new patio/burial ground will supercede any distaste for rain

I don't think rain was the problem...

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I wouldn't want to live near Granny Danger either.

I’m a very good neighbour.  I try very hard not to interact with anyone and am very considerate towards others.

That said I would be happy not living within 100 miles of either of you.

Edited by Granny Danger

On 14/06/2019 at 19:02, Granny Danger said:

People referring to Boris Johnson as “Boris” as if he’s their friend or some cuddly but harmless buffoon.

He’s not; he’s a despicable Tory c*nt.

Yup. I have the same thing about "wee Nicola" as well.