Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The wet bar makes it worse but anybody who puts the coins down to avoid having to make physical contact with a mere barman/shopkeeper is a c**t of the highest order.
I wouldn't do it to avoid any physical contact with a shopkeeper but it seems the done thing in Italy and a few other places in Europe where you put the money in a wee tray and the receipt and change goes into the same wee tray once the transaction is over. Don't know if that's for hygiene or tax avoidance reasons or what but I've seen it in a few countries.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
8 hours ago, GordonD said:
The wet bar makes it worse but anybody who puts the coins down to avoid having to make physical contact with a mere barman/shopkeeper is a c**t of the highest order.

I wouldn't do it to avoid any physical contact with a shopkeeper but it seems the done thing in Italy and a few other places in Europe where you put the money in a wee tray and the receipt and change goes into the same wee tray once the transaction is over. Don't know if that's for hygiene or tax avoidance reasons or what but I've seen it in a few countries.

Just the same as restaurants over here. Can't see any tax dodge there.

Isn't the reason restaurants do the wee tray thingy so that the waitstaff aren't handling the notes and coins? Given the amount of germs cash carries, they'd need to wash their hands every time before picking up the next plates of food. I thought that was it, but maybe I'm just havering. 

People who can't find their seats on a plane. I've been travelling with work recently and taken quite a few flights. I'm amazed by the number of people standing in the aisle looking lost and creating havoc at the same time. It's not complicated - an understanding of numeric and alphabetic order is all you need.

People who refuse to take their 2/3 year old son for his first haircut because they "can't bear to lose his curls". Does anyone other than a half-witted doting mother actually think curls look good on a small boy?

2 hours ago, Northboy said:

People who can't find their seats on a plane. I've been travelling with work recently and taken quite a few flights. I'm amazed by the number of people standing in the aisle looking lost and creating havoc at the same time. It's not complicated - an understanding of numeric and alphabetic order is all you need.

To be fair, sometimes the numbers are placed in such  a way that it's hard to know if they refer to the seat in front or behind

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

People referring to Boris Johnson as “Boris” as if he’s their friend or some cuddly but harmless buffoon.

He’s not; he’s a despicable Tory c*nt.

Or a Tory, for short.

Worked in pubs for years, the people who don't say please/thank you or just generally don't acknowledge you're a human are absolute c***s and it's a sure fire way too make sure you get a long wait next time you're at the bar. Also annoying though is people who try and have way too long a conversation when it's rammed, don't want your life story or to tell you all of mine when it's 3 deep on a Saturday night. Finally, people who don't know what they want, who don't order in rounds when all drinking the same thing and people who don't have cash/card ready when drinks are presented should all be shot. The main culprits are usually middle aged women and groups of 18 year old student wanks.