Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure if it's petty or not but went down the post office today to post a parcel.

I've been doing this every day for months. The staff know me, plenty of friendly and polite conversation.

This week, the politeness has vanished and replaced with a surly "Whit's in the package"?

It's as though they have never seen me. In fairness they are doing it with everyone.

I understand they are just doing their jobs but is it beyond their intelligence to ask "Is there anything on that prohibited list over there in this package?"

f**k all compliant "just doing my job" employees. You are all mini-Hitlers making people's lives just a little bit more shit every day without actually contributing anything.

Unusually for me, because I am normally tee-total, I have had a couple of cans of Grolsch. Maybe 3.  4 at the most. I lost count TBH. I still think I am justified in being seriously pissed off at this intrusion of my privacy. From now on, every parcel will contain "a semen sample for the local university" or "a battery-free sex toy".

Feeling better for getting that off my chest.

Go and check you’re lavvy m8.

That might cheer you up.

I was angrier when I was sober.
I do accept though, that there are people like yourself who have no problems with giving away your privacy.
I expect you are probably happy at the hairdressers or the supermarket queue when they ask you what you've been up to today or at the bank when they ask you where you are off to after you deposit your money. I, on the other hand, bought a shaver to save myself from the thrice annually hairdresser hell and use the cash deposit machine and self-serve tills as often as I can. Life is much sweeter as a result.

Howard Hughes started off like this. It’ll be tissue paper next.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I understand they are just doing their jobs but is it beyond their intelligence to ask "Is there anything on that prohibited list over there in this package?"

Which would mean you reading the entire list and delaying people behind you in the queue. Whereas if they simply ask you what the parcel contains they will know instantly if it's permitted or not.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not sure if it's petty or not but went down the post office today to post a parcel.

I've been doing this every day for months. The staff know me, plenty of friendly and polite conversation.

This week, the politeness has vanished and replaced with a surly "Whit's in the package"?

It's as though they have never seen me. In fairness they are doing it with everyone.

f**k all compliant "just doing my job" employees. You are all mini-Hitlers making people's lives just a little bit more shit every day without actually contributing anything.

Unusually for me, because I am normally tee-total, I have had a couple of cans of Grolsch. Maybe 3.  4 at the most. I lost count TBH. I still think I am justified in being seriously pissed off at this intrusion of my privacy. From now on, every parcel will contain "a semen sample for the local university" or "a battery-free sex toy".

Feeling better for getting that off my chest.

giphy.gif

The Scotland tie is fucking gash.

I also judge managers on the state of their tie:

Far too high up and shite knot.

craig-levein-007.jpg?width=300&quality=8

Check the fucking nick of this though:

football-scotland-mcleish-19.jpg?v=81539

Perfection though:

skysports-steve-clarke-scotland-manager_

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I agree that the Scotland tie is unpleasant but you're wrong wrt the knot.  Anyone who ties a Full Windsor is probably wearing stockings and suspenders under his suit.

Full windsor is the only acceptable tie knot IMO.

On 07/06/2019 at 21:06, Shotgun said:

One of the few sports that's just as boring live as it is on television.

Most American sports are boring and shite.  Stuff like Basketball and Ice Hockey are decent to watch as it's fast paced.  I love watching the NBA show on Sky Sports.

Baseball and American Football can both get in the nearest bin.

Most American sports are boring and shite.  Stuff like Basketball and Ice Hockey are decent to watch as it's fast paced.  I love watching the NBA show on Sky Sports.
Baseball and American Football can both get in the nearest bin.
Saw Oakland Raiders in Oakland 3 years ago and it was a great day out.

Saw Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Tampa last year and it was very meh.