Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Calling people "mate".  In my work people call each other "mate" all the time and it's kind of passive aggressive and annoying.  You get two sided conversations where they call each other "mate" every time and it's obvious that they are both raging.  Mate mate mate mate mate.

Earlier on today I watched old footage of police interviewing Martyn Bryant, the guy who carried out the mass shooting in Tasmania in 1996, and they were constantly referring to him as "mate". Quite a strange choice of person to befriend I thought, although in his defence he does strike you as a really nice guy, always laughing and joking - even his lawyer said he hated himself for not being able to dislike him. I believe he may have had a few issues underneath the smiley exterior though. 

34 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:
People are doing it right now in the my work's chat page.
"Mate, why haven't you let people know about that?"
"Well, mate, there's not been any updates on that since the last update so I thought I'd wait until later to send something out"
"To be honest, mate, we need more regular updates mate"
"Mate, I've got a call at 3, mate, and I'll send, mate, an email after, mate, then.  Mate"

Both clearly raging at each other and yet try to deflect this by saying "mate".
Personally I use the term "comrade" or "brother" when addressing my colleagues.

^^^ doesn't share his crisps type post , mate

Even worse, he hates crisps, mate.

Anyway, an employee in a large supermarket not far from my house called me “mate” last week.

37 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Earlier on today I watched old footage of police interviewing Martyn Bryant, the guy who carried out the mass shooting in Tasmania in 1996, and they were constantly referring to him as "mate". Quite a strange choice of person to befriend I thought, although in his defence he does strike you as a really nice guy, always laughing and joking - even his lawyer said he hated himself for not being able to dislike him. I believe he may have had a few issues underneath the smiley exterior though. 

Ah the old good cop good cop routine...

4 hours ago, ali_91 said:

I’d like to apologise for this post @MixuFixit, I still think your post was a little shit, but this reaction was born out of a hangover. Let’s move on and get past this. I’m stepping away from this forum for a while.

OK I’m back. 

29 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Don't sweat it brother.

Pish like this on P&B.

We demand meltdowns, dotting wars and requirements for mothers as chaperones, not this unseemly apologising and forgiving.

Cheery public transport announcers.

If it’s not some fucking jumped up co-pilot regaling is with the fact we’ll be flying over the centre of universe and his home town of Manchester, it’s some bint at Earl’s Court station wishing everyone a pleasant evening, a lovely dinner and to make sure they have a good breakfast before seeing them again tomorrow morning.

Its no wonder terrorists target planes and trains.

16 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cheery public transport announcers.

If it’s not some fucking jumped up co-pilot regaling is with the fact we’ll be flying over the centre of universe and his home town of Manchester, it’s some bint at Earl’s Court station wishing everyone a pleasant evening, a lovely dinner and to make sure they have a good breakfast before seeing them again tomorrow morning.

Its no wonder terrorists target planes and trains.

There’s a hotel I stay in sometimes and the lift voice is this grating kid going “first floooor”. “Secoooond floooor”. I always tell it to f**k off. 

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Calling people "mate".  In my work people call each other "mate" all the time and it's kind of passive aggressive and annoying.  You get two sided conversations where they call each other "mate" every time and it's obvious that they are both raging.  Mate mate mate mate mate.

Have you considered calling people mnine? 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

There’s a hotel I stay in sometimes and the lift voice is this grating kid going “first floooor”. “Secoooond floooor”. I always tell it to f**k off. 

I recently phoned a local shop to check what time they closed. I'd missed them for the day so it rolled over to an answering machine which wasn't a problem except...the recording was the voice of a little kid telling me to call back in the moooooorning. Nah, you're alright.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Good. I told the wifie at Earls Court to f**k up but I doubt she heard me.