Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I am almost sure it was you who posted a picture of yourself at one of them?

I go to Laurel and Hardy conventions (came back from one a fortnight ago) - but I don't wear a costume.

19 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Pink songs on the radio are hilarious because of this.

And Stranglers' Golden Brown got played, uncensored, every time, despite being about heroin abuse.

I like that when R.E.M "What's the Frequency Kenneth" gets played on the radio, they quite regularly don't edit out the "don't f**k with me" line at the end.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

25 minutes ago, GordonD said:

I've never worn a costume.

Given that his original post was in reply to you telling someone to grow up, his point was valid. You go to an annual Laurel and Hardy convention and posted a picture of yourself wearing a dedicated t-shirt at said event. You’ve ruled yourself out of ever telling anyone to grow up I’m afraid.

On 19/05/2019 at 10:27, philpy said:

They are Bulgarian, so I went on Google translate and put a note on the windscreen in Bulgarian.

Can I see a copy of this note? I'm fluent in Bulgarian having lived in Varna for 3 years, so I can see how accurate it was.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Given that his original post was in reply to you telling someone to grow up, his point was valid. You go to an annual Laurel and Hardy convention and posted a picture of yourself wearing a dedicated t-shirt at said event. You’ve ruled yourself out of ever telling anyone to grow up I’m afraid.

So a T-shirt is fancy dress (the original phrase, not 'costume' as I said) is it?

And my original point was that mocking somebody for having an interest that you don't share is a bit off.  Turns out I was whooshed but you've just explicitly done the same thing.

14 minutes ago, GordonD said:

So a T-shirt is fancy dress (the original phrase, not 'costume' as I said) is it?

And my original point was that mocking somebody for having an interest that you don't share is a bit off.  Turns out I was whooshed but you've just explicitly done the same thing.

A t-shirt isn’t fancy dress. I didn’t say you wore fancy dress or a costume, just a dedicated t-shirt.

No, your point was to mock someone for making a joke out of the word “caving” by saying you didn’t get it because you’re “more than nine years old”. Laughing at someone for acting like a child, whilst going to an annual Laurel & Hardy convention wearing a dedicated t-shirt is the height of irony. Happy to help.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Laurel and Hardy films are excellent tbf.

This.

The wife and I went to the original Laurel and Hardy museum in   Ulverston one year when we were in the Lake District.  

It was in some c***s hoose and his living room was a wee cinema.

Think its in a proper building now. 

14 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This.

The wife and I went to the original Laurel and Hardy museum in   Ulverston one year when we were in the Lake District.  

Been there. The guy who runs it is an absolute fruitloop...

58 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

A t-shirt isn’t fancy dress. I didn’t say you wore fancy dress or a costume, just a dedicated t-shirt.

No, your point was to mock someone for making a joke out of the word “caving” by saying you didn’t get it because you’re “more than nine years old”. Laughing at someone for acting like a child, whilst going to an annual Laurel & Hardy convention wearing a dedicated t-shirt is the height of irony. Happy to help.

No, it was Dele who described a T-shirt as fancy dress. Which is why I didn't realise he was talking about me at first.

And going to a convention is childish? If you say so.

22 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

This.

It was never in his house but you're right, it's now in a converted cinema.

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Been there. The guy who runs it is an absolute fruitloop...

Well, he was eccentric but we're back on mocking people with different interests. Anyway that guy died years ago and his grandson runs it now.

Edited by GordonD

Back to censored lyrics.

Electric 6's Gay Bar has a line in it that goes "Let's start a war! Start a nuclear war!". On the radio the words 'war' and 'nuclear' are censored out with a silly sound effect.

Wheatus' Teenage Dirtbag has a line that contains "he brings a gun to school". The word 'gun' is censored.

I always find it amusing that they do this whilst songs about getting pumped (Rhianna's Rude Boy for example) are played in full.