Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Reminds me of the song "Bang Bang" by B.A. Robertson. They made him change the line "Sherlock Holmes preferred a little toke of love" to "token love".

To get Listen to the Radio played on the BBC, Tom Robinson had to change the lyric 'And smoke a cigarette' to 'Avocado vinaigrette'

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

Quite like the new Aviici song Sos but when they play it on radio 1 they edit out the word “drugs” which features in the chorus so it’s fairly obvious that it’s being omitted and almost ruins the entire song. It also exits out the words “weed” and “blow” at the start. Compare that to the new Vampire weekend song which quite clearly says “Oh Christ!” Numerous times as well, that’s surely a more offensive thing to hear on the radio than the word drugs?!

The song has just started playing on the radio as I finish typing.

44 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Reminds me of the song "Bang Bang" by B.A. Robertson. They made him change the line "Sherlock Holmes preferred a little toke of love" to "token love".

23 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

To get Listen to the Radio played on the BBC, Tom Robinson had to change the lyric 'And smoke a cigarette' to 'Avocado vinaigrette'

Pink songs on the radio are hilarious because of this.

And Stranglers' Golden Brown got played, uncensored, every time, despite being about heroin abuse.

And Stranglers' Golden Brown got played, uncensored, every time, despite being about heroin abuse.

Also the derogatory F word in Fairytale of New York.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I never said it was the most pressing thing in my life though, hence why I posted it in here.

The giveaway is the word 'Petty' in the thread title.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't like mixer taps where the temperature and flow are both controlled by the same thing so you can either have fast flowing hot water or slow flowing cold water.

I find its usually the other way around. If you're needing a sink of hot water you have to plan about an hour ahead. 

10 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Even Chas & Dave had to change their lyrics for a TOTP appearance. I don't know what they changed it to but they were told they couldn't use the term "cow son" from Gertcha on the broadcast. 

1 hour ago, RockMusic said:

Even Chas & Dave had to change their lyrics for a TOTP appearance. I don't know what they changed it to but they were told they couldn't use the term "cow son" from Gertcha on the broadcast. 

God bless Chas & Dave!!

Yet ‘Come On Eileen’ by Dexy’s Midnight Runners actually had a different meaning, but got away with it as there were no profanities.