Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 minutes ago, philpy said:
16 minutes ago, Rugster said:
What if you’re pushing a pram, or a wheelchair?

That's just it. There are a few elderly folk up here as well, and folk with young kids. The wife knows their landlord, so a word shall be had. They are Bulgarian, so I went on Google translate and put a note on the windscreen in Bulgarian.

Do not rest your gondola on the runway, it blocks the restricted ambulatory.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, Dele said:

Sorry about the lack of multiquote but : 

Just walk around the fucking thing. It's hardly the end of the world, is it?

Failing that, key it. 

It’s pretty shite for blind folk. Poorly trained guide dogs often lose their shit with stuff like this.

33 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, GordonD said:
Ah, being more than nine years old I didn't realise that.

Fucking Buzz Killington here.

I have never said "To infinity and beyond!" in my life.

Quite like the new Aviici song Sos but when they play it on radio 1 they edit out the word “drugs” which features in the chorus so it’s fairly obvious that it’s being omitted and almost ruins the entire song. It also exits out the words “weed” and “blow” at the start. Compare that to the new Vampire weekend song which quite clearly says “Oh Christ!” Numerous times as well, that’s surely a more offensive thing to hear on the radio than the word drugs?!

The song has just started playing on the radio as I finish typing.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Apologies, it must be the other Gordon. 

No worries. I was accused of posting something he said a few weeks back. As long as my doorstep remains free of debt collectors it's not a big problem if people get us mixed up.

Quite like the new Aviici song Sos but when they play it on radio 1 they edit out the word “drugs” which features in the chorus so it’s fairly obvious that it’s being omitted and almost ruins the entire song. It also exits out the words “weed” and “blow” at the start. Compare that to the new Vampire weekend song which quite clearly says “Oh Christ!” Numerous times as well, that’s surely a more offensive thing to hear on the radio than the word drugs?!

I thought Avicii was dead?

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Reminds me of the song "Bang Bang" by B.A. Robertson. They made him change the line "Sherlock Holmes preferred a little toke of love" to "token love".

Reminds me of the song "Bang Bang" by B.A. Robertson. They made him change the line "Sherlock Holmes preferred a little toke of love" to "token love".

That doesn’t sound so bad as at least there’s words to cover it, editing the word out the chorus in this case really gives a fractured feel. Why is drugs deemed to be a NSFW word on prime time radio? Why is “Oh Christ”considered fine?

Fucking national weather people especially BBC pissing themselves with excitement that it will be 21 in London with maybe some sheltered parts seeing 22,23 or (then they lose their shit completely) maybe even 25 !!

f**k off. If it was forecast to reach 25, then put the 25 symbol over London and not the 21 symbol.

This is then followed by the look towards the Bank Holiday weekend. A mournful look replaces the glee as if the 4 minute warning has just sounded as they tell us it may be cooler with a chance of the odd shower.

Get a fucking grip. c***s .