Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Dele said:
Why didn't you just carry an umbrella? 

Having to carry extra equipment... Another shite point for rain.

I'm not arguing for or against - rain doesn't bother me personally - but to complain about getting soaked to the skin walking 15 minutes when it had been raining all day seems a bit silly. 

4 hours ago, Rugster said:

DA Baracus is tedious as f**k with things like this. His pedantry too. Plays up to both of these things. 

I've never denied either. 

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What is 'miserable' about a wee bit of rain?!

Weather forecasters that use these terms such as 'miserable' are another of my PTTGOYN. 

I want to hear the results from the weather models, not their personal opinion of how it should affect us. 

With people citing how rain can be shite, sun can be shite too. I'll hear Judith telling me that it's going to be a "glorious" day of clear skies and 28 degrees, only to then have to slap the suncream on that'll be sweating off within 30 mins if I'm hillwalking. Cool, dry and clear is perfect in such instance (rain won't put me off, but fewer layers are better).

I'll often find that hayfever is noticeably worse on such warm days. That can do one. 

If I'm out caving and there's a long walk-in, this is f***ing miserable if you have to carry all your gear up in the baking heat wearing a fleece 'furry'. Getting burned or having to drag suncream around during a caving trip are two of life's cruel ironies. Some of these things are boring without water but superb when a river is bouncing through them. 

Basically, sun is overrated,this in part being the result of weather forecasters indoctrinating the masses. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

Sorry about the lack of multiquote but : 

30 minutes ago, philpy said:

Idiot neighbours at it again with the parking.. IMG_20190519_094554.jpg

Just walk around the fucking thing. It's hardly the end of the world, is it?

Failing that, key it. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Sorry about the lack of multiquote but : 

Just walk around the fucking thing. It's hardly the end of the world, is it?

Failing that, key it. 

What if you’re pushing a pram, or a wheelchair?

What if you’re pushing a pram, or a wheelchair?
That's just it. There are a few elderly folk up here as well, and folk with young kids. The wife knows their landlord, so a word shall be had. They are Bulgarian, so I went on Google translate and put a note on the windscreen in Bulgarian.