Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

25 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

It’s on again the night mate. I also forgot but remembered about half an hour in, quick search and recording episode 1 on some channel around 10 tonight - sorry I can’t mind the exact time or channel!

It's on 4seven at 23.05pm tonight

I've forgot to set a recording for "The Virtues" tonight. 

Q : will/is it become available on catch up? 

Don’t bother. It was shite. Won’t be watching the rest.
That wee scouser has been in a lot of really good dramas but this wasn’t one of them.

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just reading a BBC article in which they have begun referring to a defensive/holding midfielder as "a number six"

Just f**k off with this absolute shite.

Quite right. The number six is the left half.

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

It’s on again the night mate. I also forgot but remembered about half an hour in, quick search and recording episode 1 on some channel around 10 tonight - sorry I can’t mind the exact time or channel!

Cheers NJ. Got it on All4 (I think). Quite enjoyed it although it's a bit of a hard watch at times. Hit a bit close to home in the pub. 

39 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

When a grown adult male "waves at you" on Messenger. 

Might be a teenage girl pretending to be a grown adult male. I've heard that they do that.

Cheers NJ. Got it on All4 (I think). Quite enjoyed it although it's a bit of a hard watch at times. Hit a bit close to home in the pub. 

Will be watching it the night or the morn but Shane Meadows and Stephen Graham I’m expecting quite intense, hard hitting but good. Will no doubt know exactly what you mean when I watch it.

discussion about the coppa italia final on the R5 euro-football chat just now; bloke avoids any 'streets of raith' embarrassment by stating that 'it was a disappointing night for the atalanta fans making the trip up to rome from bergamo' - but, as anyone but the most inept navigational cretins will know, rome is south of bergamo, and - observing convention in place since the earliest mapping - he should have said "down to rome from bergamo...'

close, but no fucking cigar, you halfwit...

4 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

discussion about the coppa italia final on the R5 euro-football chat just now; bloke avoids any 'streets of raith' embarrassment by stating that 'it was a disappointing night for the atalanta fans making the trip up to rome from bergamo' - but, as anyone but the most inept navigational cretins will know, rome is south of bergamo, and - observing convention in place since the earliest mapping - he should have said "down to rome from bergamo...'

Trains are described as going up to London no matter what direction they're travelling. Maybe Rome is the same.

37 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Trains are described as going up to London no matter what direction they're travelling. Maybe Rome is the same.

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's not true.

I'm going down to London on the train.

I should have said 'described by trainspotters'. Normal people like us would say 'down'.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

That's not true.

I'm going down to London on the train.

Being totally pedantic , travelling by train you would technically be going Down to London , but you would , indeed , be doing so on the Up line .

Enjoy your journey down/up , and your return up/down .

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

I should have said 'described by trainspotters'. Normal people like us would say 'down'.

Remembering opposition jibes of yesteryear its funny how a Meadowbank fan knows the lingo of trainspotters... ;)

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Remembering opposition jibes of yesteryear its funny how a Meadowbank fan knows the lingo of trainspotters... ;)

Apparently not; see 'welldel's post.

Speaking of which, can you be partially pedantic?

13 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

I was in Gourock last Sunday and somebody how long it takes to come up from Dundee. Silly b*****d.