Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

It is - I like a wee 2019-05-06 - let’s you sort it on
a spreadsheet without converting to date format

When working on a project that requires multiple versions of the same file, always save them yyyymmdd filename to make it nice and easy to find the correct previous version quickly.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

7 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Putting the telly on to catch up on the day's news and all I can get is that some fucking Royal birth is imminent.

Rejoice. It has popped.

Edited by Lord Snooty
Bad grammar

The most logical date format is year month day.
Incorrect. 
Do you say seconds mins hours . So why not year month day?

eBay, or more precisely selling on eBay. 

I rarely do it, as I hate taking photos of it all, measuring clothes, and then packaging them up and sending them out. 

I had a watch up for sale last week, and a guy bought it for the Buy It Now Price, usually if that's done, they will pay straight away, however a week on and I had nothing so messaged saying if payment was made by 1pm today, I would be relisting. I received this message last night. 

Now I feel like I am being bit of a heartless b*****d if I don't hang on for him.

eBay.png.42674433147b0f9896ec710217e21a6d.png

41 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

I rarely do it, as I hate taking photos of it all, measuring clothes, and then packaging them up and sending them out. 

I had a watch up for sale last week, and a guy bought it for the Buy It Now Price, usually if that's done, they will pay straight away, however a week on and I had nothing so messaged saying if payment was made by 1pm today, I would be relisting. I received this message last night. 

Now I feel like I am being bit of a heartless b*****d if I don't hang on for him.

Image result for nigerian prince scam

Oh, silly me, I never noticed the Tennents lager appreciation thread. 
Seriously though, it’s a depressing selection. So many good beers about and the general offering is Tennents, Guiness and Belhaven. Utterly uninspiring choices. No wonder the punters in these establishments all seem so miserable. There’s just no joy in these selections.
I went to a party in a function room at a pub in Paisley and that was exactly the choice available. Having walked through the pub to find the function room, it looked as they served a few other beers in the main bar so I thought I'd go through and check but was stopped by a member of staff who told me I couldn't take drinks through or walk between bars as they were separate premises. The function room had a separate entrance but they were quite clearly the same place with staff walking between the bars regularly. She also didn't seem to be able to get her head round the concept that I might like a different drink from what was available.

1 minute ago, LondonHMFC said:

His feedback is pretty good, most people calling a prompt payer. Very odd.

I suppose you could arrange that by pretending to buy stuff from friends. Is it a valuable watch? Only scam I can see if he's hoping you'll give him it for free because you feel sorry for him. And he is a Scouser.

57 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Man’s partner and kid have died and he is buying watches on E-Bay? Why does he give two fucks about buying a watch on E-Bay if that sort of shit is going on? I’d just stick it up for sale again.

the fact that the Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves link is displaying differently to all the others on the General Nonsense front page; probably an entirely sensible reason for such goings on, but fucking annoying nonetheless; doesn't make any difference if i alter the width of the browser window or owt else !

image.png.cef9b2f8ba5851b612813c214f14c1f4.png