Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

We have pump operators still here (remember them).  I drive up with the petrol cap on the opposite side all the time for them to wave me on while they shake their heads.  I jump out, take the pump out their hands and walk to cap place said pump in  and go back and sit in the drivers seen.

me

giphy.gif

them

giphy.gif   

Did all the other drivers applaud and cheer?

7 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

Mary Ann Hobbs on Radio 6 - completely unable to simply 'play' a track - she has to 'throw it down' or 'share it with you, my wonderful listeners'

Also - her manic enthusiasm for anything and everything; I'm sorry dear, but not every single bit of music you broadcast can be the 'finest song every recorded in the history of the known universe' and not every guest band are 'simply the most perfect fusion of grime, ethno-jazz and feel-good summer funk' or whatever made up bullshittery she decides to drivel on about

and her slightly affected voice is irritating; Lauren Laverne used to get on my tits too, but Hobbs sort is taking it to a whole new level...

Is that Mary Ann Hobgoblin or Liz Kershaw?  It really could define either, but I'd have written exactly the same about Kershaw and her mildly wacky, slightly right wing ways.

16 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

Mary Ann Hobbs on Radio 6 - completely unable to simply 'play' a track - she has to 'throw it down' or 'share it with you, my wonderful listeners'

Also - her manic enthusiasm for anything and everything; I'm sorry dear, but not every single bit of music you broadcast can be the 'finest song every recorded in the history of the known universe' and not every guest band are 'simply the most perfect fusion of grime, ethno-jazz and feel-good summer funk' or whatever made up bullshittery she decides to drivel on about

and her slightly affected voice is irritating; Lauren Laverne used to get on my tits too, but Hobbs sort is taking it to a whole new level...

My petty thing today is you.  Radio DJs are complete wankpuffins, I'd say around 95% of them are insufferable c***s, you appear to agree that at least two of them here fall into that category.  Why listen to them? Why continue to listen to them and then come on here and complain that you need to listen to them? Why not just select your own music on Spotify or the like?

Edited by The Moonster

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My petty thing today is you.  Radio DJs are complete wankpuffins, I'd say around 95% of them are insufferable c***s, you appear to agree that at least two of them here fall into that category.  Why listen to them? Why continue to listen to them and then come on here and complain that you need to listen to them? Why not just select your own music on Spotify or the like?

the music on R6M is generally pretty decent, and we'd rather have something on which has the news and suchlike to inform our world view and make us better, more rounded individuals, rather than just listening to wall to wall sounds off deezer and the like; anyway, I fear that the somewhat prescriptive 'if you don't like something, then just stop doing it rather than complaining on here about it' solution would render at least 90% of P&B's entire content out of bounds, as - for instance - we could all presumably nick off and support barcelona rather than shitey teams, and live happily ever after...

but then i expect there'd be some irritating bint on 'radio seis musica de cataluña' who rattled on interminably and similarly ruin any mooted iberian idyll...

;)

ETA - oh aye - have a greenie for 'wankpuffins'

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

"I like the songs"

I think somebody on here used this as their defence for dragging their indoctrinated kids along to church every week.  

54 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

the music on R6M is generally pretty decent, and we'd rather have something on which has the news and suchlike to inform our world view and make us better, more rounded individuals, rather than just listening to wall to wall sounds off deezer and the like; anyway, I fear that the somewhat prescriptive 'if you don't like something, then just stop doing it rather than complaining on here about it' solution would render at least 90% of P&B's entire content out of bounds, as - for instance - we could all presumably nick off and support barcelona rather than shitey teams, and live happily ever after...

but then i expect there'd be some irritating bint on 'radio seis musica de cataluña' who rattled on interminably and similarly ruin any mooted iberian idyll...

;)

ETA - oh aye - have a greenie for 'wankpuffins'

I listen to 6 Music all day at work and the new lineup just doesn't do it for me. Really loved Keavaney in the morning. Funny but gentle, good music, good listener interaction. Doesn't work as well in the afternoon slot IMO. Lauren Laverne then Mary Ann Hobbs are a bit dull and one dimensional and the shows are so similar. RadMac were amazing in the afternoon slot but I'd guess health-wise Radcliffe can't do 5 days now. Steve Lamaq isn't my cup of tea. I think he'd play wall-to-wall Carter USM if he could. Guys like Keavaney or RadMac can rave about a pop tune, or some old hip hop, or dad rock whereas with him the music is too narrow. Could be doing with a general reshuffle as the talent is all there (maybe add a couple of new faces) but the magic just isn't happening. 

9 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I listen to 6 Music all day at work and the new lineup just doesn't do it for me. Really loved Keavaney in the morning. Funny but gentle, good music, good listener interaction. Doesn't work as well in the afternoon slot IMO. Lauren Laverne then Mary Ann Hobbs are a bit dull and one dimensional and the shows are so similar. RadMac were amazing in the afternoon slot but I'd guess health-wise Radcliffe can't do 5 days now. Steve Lamaq isn't my cup of tea. I think he'd play wall-to-wall Carter USM if he could. Guys like Keavaney or RadMac can rave about a pop tune, or some old hip hop, or dad rock whereas with him the music is too narrow. Could be doing with a general reshuffle as the talent is all there (maybe add a couple of new faces) but the magic just isn't happening. 

could do with more tom ravenscroft IMO, and maybe gideon coe is worth an earlier slot too; Lamaq is such a "real music" bore, and I wonder just how much longer he can spin out the same supposedly engaging dialogues about "(insert whacky scenario) happened to me at a live gig", and god knows how many times he has to repeat the same comments during the opening half a dozen or so segues of his show; he'd be perfect for the GC late night show where the muso-nerds could congregate, unmolested by daylight and normal folk !

they should really get mark and lard back together for eight hours a day, and just play Idles and Honeyblood - that'd suit me fine (all of which I could, of course, just play on a loop from apple music - @The Moonster has a perfectly valid point ! )

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

This.

1 hour ago, SaintDougie said:

Washing spoons... 

Soaked!

"There is surely nothing worse than washing sieves
There is surely nothing worse than washing sieves
With the possible exception
Of being Garth Crooks
There is surely nothing worse than washing sieves"

"Lock up your Mountain Bikes"- Half Man, Half Biscuit.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Thanks for the support bruv. Russell Brand/Sachsgate still has the bosses terrified of unleashing anyone a bit unhinged on live radio. 

Have you never listened to Charlie Sloth on 1Extra?

In the main you are right they just want bland folk Grimmy is the definition turned the breakfast show into an embarrassment for the station and still didn't get emptied

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

People constantly bringing up Game of Thrones and throwing in little quips like 'Winter is coming' at every opportunity.

It's good but fucking hell people let it go for a day.

A tramp that I work with watched it for the first time on Monday. He knows who nobody is, their back story or what is going on in the program but "it was absolutely brilliant" 

He also bought a sandwich from a tram car thing in town. It was "absolutely beautiful, the bread was fresh". 

f**k off. 

44 minutes ago, Dele said:

A tramp that I work with watched it for the first time on Monday. He knows who nobody is, their back story or what is going on in the program but "it was absolutely brilliant" 

He also bought a sandwich from a tram car thing in town. It was "absolutely beautiful, the bread was fresh". 

f**k off. 

You work with a tramp? 

I'm liking your employer's equal opportunities recruitment policy...

29 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

You work with a tramp? 

I'm liking your employer's equal opportunities recruitment policy...

He looks like your avatar. Lives on a diet of energy drinks, rustler burgers (no wonder fresh bread impressed him so highly) and jiynts.