Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Aye, who would want to watch the current Ajax team?
While agreeing that the current Ajax team are a joy to watch. The tournament is a c**t of a tournament as Ajax as Champions of The Netherlands had to qualify for the group stages but teams in 2nd and 3rd and 4th in other 'bigger' leagues get straight into the group stage.

It is more about money for the biggest than finding the Champions of Europe

9 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

While agreeing that the current Ajax team are a joy to watch. The tournament is a c**t of a tournament as Ajax as Champions of The Netherlands had to qualify for the group stages but teams in 2nd and 3rd and 4th in other 'bigger' leagues get straight into the group stage.

It is more about money for the biggest than finding the Champions of Europe

The name doesn't bother me. It's elite football and some of the best players in the world. I'd rather see them than Celtic play some Hungarian mob that fluked a good draw.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

People that form lots of small queues to get served, when one large one would be more effective and less of a lottery of getting stuck behind someone that takes ages.

eg checking into hotels, food queue at fitba etc

14 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

People that form lots of small queues to get served, when one large one would be more effective and less of a lottery of getting stuck behind someone that takes ages.

Agreed.

Happened to me at the train station at the weekend. Two ticket windows were open and generally there is one queue with people going to the first available window. On Saturday it somehow become two separate queues. I joined the slightly shorter one to catch a northbound train, there is also a southbound train leaving a few minutes later so the area was quite busy. old biddy in front of me starts asking about booking a ticket for some place in England for the following week. Didn't even have the details of the train she wanted to book, she was asking about times etc. Took fucking ages and people were trying to buy tickets to use immediately. All she had to do was wait 10 minutes and both trains would have left and she would have had the ticket booths to herself. When I finally got to the front another old biddy was at the front of the other queue asking about booking tickets to Peterborough. At least the guy at that window told her to f**k off and wait until he sold tickets to people who were wanting on the trains about to leave.

Edited by Wile E Coyote

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The name doesn't bother me. It's elite football and some of the best players in the world. I'd rather see them than Celtic play some Hungarian mob that fluked a good draw.

I  had to listen to Celtic playing a Hungarian mob on the TV when the picture packed in back in the early seventies when it was a proper European competition. It really was a team of Hungarians against a team of Scotsmen...

Usually go to Boots for my lunch and it’s a fucking nightmare.

They’ve tried to set it up so there’s a joint queue covering the manned tills and the self serve machines, but all too often I end up behind 4/5 folk standing there looking glaikit when there’s self serve machines free. By the time I’ve pointed out to those in front of me that there’s a free machine, some chancer has walked up on the blindside and taken the free machine. Even worse, a separate queue for the self serve forms behind them.

Infuriating.

14 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

I  had to listen to Celtic playing a Hungarian mob on the TV when the picture packed in back in the early seventies when it was a proper European competition. It really was a team of Hungarians against a team of Scotsmen...

Almost certainly  Ujpesti Dozsa.  A decent team 'back then'.

todays for me. Went online to try and order some shirts and trousers for work as I cant deal with actually going into shops.

Went onto one high street website where I normally get stuff from.  Found stuff I wanted but nearly every single item was sold out of the popular sizes.  This happens all the time, surely if such demand they should have enough in stock..i understand its maybe different if youa re shopping in person but if tis coming from a main warehosue I'd have thought someone would be thinking..ok these shirts are getting low in stock, lets get the sweat shops workers in Indonesia to work twice as hard...

19 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I used to work in a McDonald’s and we actively tried to split a large queue into a number of smaller queues to make the place look less busy in order to entice more customers in. Customers hated it, especially the ones who were in often enough to know which staff were fucking useless.

18 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Image result for old man close door gif

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

On the other hand I hate car drivers who block the entrance to a fuel court while they wait for the next spot to get free. Just pick some pumps and get in line there's 6 cars backed up onto the road because of you.

Or the c***s that park their car/van at a pump when they are not even buying fuel.

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

Gang banging shit like this going on right now on the front lawn. Yes I know its nature and nature can be a real piece of shit,  but its difficult not to step in and break it up.

Mallards are b*****ds.

giphy.gif.63f20a293287ae08b0e241f0605cfd62.gif

12 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Almost as bad as the idiots that don't realise that the pumps actually stretch to the far side of car.

We have pump operators still here (remember them).  I drive up with the petrol cap on the opposite side all the time for them to wave me on while they shake their heads.  I jump out, take the pump out their hands and walk to cap place said pump in  and go back and sit in the drivers seen.

me

giphy.gif

them

giphy.gif   

Mary Ann Hobbs on Radio 6 - completely unable to simply 'play' a track - she has to 'throw it down' or 'share it with you, my wonderful listeners'

Also - her manic enthusiasm for anything and everything; I'm sorry dear, but not every single bit of music you broadcast can be the 'finest song every recorded in the history of the known universe' and not every guest band are 'simply the most perfect fusion of grime, ethno-jazz and feel-good summer funk' or whatever made up bullshittery she decides to drivel on about

and her slightly affected voice is irritating; Lauren Laverne used to get on my tits too, but Hobbs sort is taking it to a whole new level...