Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I mind when ATM machines ( [mention=22050]Jacksgranda[/mention] [emoji6] ) came out at first, they gave out fivers. 
ETA - especially when you got your PIN number correct.
Some still do. Tesco petrol station at Duloch in Dunfermline certainly does. Last week went to take out £10, it spat out 2 fivers.

Some still do. Tesco petrol station at Duloch in Dunfermline certainly does. Last week went to take out £10, it spat out 2 fivers.
Must be a tesco thing, the tesco express in Hamilton does that too. I know it's the same money but you kinda feel short changed when you get the 2 fivers spat out instead of a tenner!

14 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:
22 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

Must be a tesco thing, the tesco express in Hamilton does that too. 

Definitely not a Tesco thing. RBS machines in Dundee do it too. 

Edited by Dele

People who take a carrier bag full of small packages to the post office which have to be weighed individually and sent by different means of postage are c***s who turn an empty p.o into one with a queue snaking out the door.

I only wanted a fucking stamp.

The wife was given a $50 voucher to an online retailer (similar to Amazon) as a reward for booking tickets with a well known online ticket company.

Wondered why I couldn't redeem the voucher. Checked the small print and I need to spend $1200 before the voucher is applied. TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS?!

4 hours ago, Swarley said:

The wife was given a $50 voucher to an online retailer (similar to Amazon) as a reward for booking tickets with a well known online ticket company.

Wondered why I couldn't redeem the voucher. Checked the small print and I need to spend $1200 before the voucher is applied. TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS?!

I thought Australia had hitched a ride with the First World and actually allowed Amazon to open warehouses there?  Or is it still Brucesinternetshoppydoo.au ?

People who take a carrier bag full of small packages to the post office which have to be weighed individually and sent by different means of postage are c***s who turn an empty p.o into one with a queue snaking out the door.

I do this pretty regularly, think my record was 24 parcels in one go. It's no my fault the post office can't staff appropriately 🤷

14 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

Go to a fucking newsagent then.

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Knew I wasn't making this up. Bank of Scotland atm, Aberdeen city centre:

20190425_164323.thumb.jpg.683c0e5595e2042534dfae13630fa53e.jpg

50 button right above the one for 500 was the PTTGOYN. 

16 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

I mind when ATM machines ( @Jacksgranda ;) ) came out at first, they gave out fivers. 

Old enough to remember when it was 5 & 10 too, and when it changed to 10 & 20 and only having £8.53 in bank and couldn't take out a fiver

Kind of sums up Aberdeen (and the world in general), some parts of the city are seeing cash machines up the max amount to £500, used once in error so I can confirm it does work,

Yet cash machines in other parts are reintroducing having £5 available for those with less than a tenner to them

Edited by MEADOWXI

On 25/04/2019 at 19:32, Boghead ranter said:

I mind when ATM machines ( @Jacksgranda ;) ) came out at first, they gave out fivers. 

We have one at Tesco in Arbroath, it gives out fivers