Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Trying to get through to HMRC on the phone.

Got a letter in today to say that I owe them £200 odd after they paid me too much in tax credit.

Kind of odd given I've not claimed tax credits for about 8 years.

Trying to get them on the phone is a complete and utter fucking nightmare.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:
Phone is showing 23mins at the moment. :thumbsdown

Hang up. f**k em.

Just managed to get through.

Turns out it's for a joint claim that I made with an ex about 8 years ago. They overpaid us by £400 so requested 50% of it back from both of us at the time. I paid my £200 but he didn't so apparently they send a letter to both of us even though they have it on their system that I've paid my half back.

Fucking mental.

Driving back to Edinburgh along the M8 I joined a tailback about 3 miles from the end of the motorway. 45 minutes later and two miles onto the bypass I passed the broken down car that had caused the problem.
The car was on the hard shoulder not obstructing the road in any way but just behind it was one of the Emergency vehicles displaying a big sign saying "Slow down, breakdown".
Why should anybody slow down, you don't slow down to pass parked cars in any other circumstance.

Small talk between host and contestant on TV game shows, and the ensuing forced banter. Pointless especially is bad for this.

Don’t give a monkeys f**k what Patricia from Plymouth does in her spare time, or what she’d spend the prize money on. Amazed if anyone else watching does either.

Although on the other hand it’s more fun on the odd occasion when a dislikeable/smug contestant goes home with f**k all.

Forgetting to take a carrier bag with me to Tesco and having to buy another one.

I will likely have wasted £3.95 on completely unnecessary cheese or the likes, but that 10p causes an inner rage that is hard to shake off.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

People in the flat below are doing it up and have been doing work all week until what I would say are questionable at best hours. They’ve now started drilling and hammering stuff again at 10.10pm. Who the f**k thinks that’s acceptable.

sounds like a good time to start learning the bagpipes. 

or making unsubtle comments to them like "so you'll be getting the FUCKING SOUNDPROOFING done then..." 

17 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Able bodied folk at my work who get the lift up and down one floor all day everyday, especially as they are usually going to the canteen to get another snack.

For a short while, I worked in an office on the 2nd floor of a 3-level building. There was no main staircase to our level but you could leave via the fire stairs. However, if you tried to get back into the office from there, you were stopped by a locked security door. Therefore you were forced to take the lift up the 2 levels. Boiled my piss, so it did.

Worse though, was that a call center was located on the first floor. This 'could' be accessed via a staircase but none of the fuckers ever used it, meaning I had to share the lift with them. I doubt any of them were under 15 stone. I never once made it back to my office without at least one Hindenburg waddling into the lift with their McDonald's lunch. Then we'd go up 10 feet and they'd waddle out again.

Edited by Shotgun

His argument would be.... why do I need to do anything when I've worked all my days? He is quite happy doing nothing however he does like to phone me while at work to either moan or talk about money.
Having too much money seems to be a huge issue.
Do you drive? You're from Dundee no? If yes, you're less than an hour from some amazing hill walking spots. Maybe that be good to do together?

I think you should try going along to something and "inviting" him along with, if he doesn't go then don't but something might spark an interest.

For a short while, I worked in an office on the 2nd floor of a 3-level building. There was no main staircase to our level but you could leave via the fire stairs. However, if you tried to get back into the office from there, you were stopped by a locked security door. Therefore you were forced to take the lift up the 2 levels. Boiled my piss, so it did.
Worse though, was that a call center was located on the first floor. This 'could' be accessed via a staircase but none of the fuckers ever used it, meaning I had to share the lift with them. I doubt any of them were under 15 stone. I never once made it back to my office without at least one Hindenburg waddling into the lift with their McDonald's lunch. Then we'd go up 10 feet and they'd waddle out again.
This grinds my gears big time. Unless I had the kids with me or had a heavy suitcase then I would never even consider using a lift if I was going any less than 5 or 6 floors (notable exceptions being the lift at Central Station low level if there's a huge queue at the barriers and multi storey car park stairs as they are usually piss filled syringe laden hell holes).
Your post actually reminded me of a call centre I worked in years ago that had a small lift, obviously for disabled access regulations as there was only ground floor then a balcony level. People would actually queue up to use it instead of walking down/up a single flight of stairs!

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

sounds like a good time to start learning the bagpipes. 

or making unsubtle comments to them like "so you'll be getting the FUCKING SOUNDPROOFING done then..." 

Unfortunately it’s a guy who’s bought it to do it up then rent out, so he’s not actually living in it. Just turns up with contractors and smashes stuff up and shouts down the phone until after 10pm, so can’t even retaliate.

I heard the most horrendous combination of words I have ever heard in my life earlier. Walked in the house to have my ears subjected to some of the worst music known to man. 
- "What the f**k is this pish?", I politely enquired. 
- "It's Michael Bolton. He's covering *some fucking awful tune* by Roy Orbison".
I would rather have been waterboarded. Terrible. 

I'll be honest, I didn't think Michael Bolton covering a Roy Orbison tune could result in the horror you describe, and went hunting for the song in order to point at laugh at your terrible taste.
Fucking hell though, you were right. And it gets worse - it was written by Roy Orbison AND Jeff Lynne.

I need to take my like back.

I thought the original post was slagging the thought of Bolton covering a legend like Orbison.

Were you pair slagging both artists?

That's absolutely shocking. Orbison and Jeff Lynne wrote some incredible songs, and anyone who can't spot this didn't deserve ears.

Apologies if I've fucked all this up.

(Michael Bolton can f**k off and die (if he's not dead already))

Nah wait, do folk who are at home during the day midweek honestly watch stuff like Jeremy Kyle and Homes Under the Hammer? Presumably people realise the internet exists? Streaming sites etc?

The target audience for daytime TV is obvious from the number of adverts telling them that they'll be dead soon and they should think about a funeral payment plan if they don't want to be put out for the binmen. The worst one is the dirty old sod who chose a pair of binoculars as his free gift and is clearly going to use them to spy on his neighbour,

Small talk between host and contestant on TV game shows, and the ensuing forced banter. Pointless especially is bad for this.

Glad it’s not just me then.........Our fave poker player, the voluptuous Victoria Coren has started this pish on ‘Only Connect’, even to the extent of getting both teams to have a group singalong to ‘Ten Green Bottles’.........fúck off with this nonsense......[emoji35]