Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

40 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Not sure if this is a universal problem or is more confined to certain areas. 

I used to find it was particularly bad in the Inverness area, but not so much in Fife or even Glagow and the west of Scotland - areas where I've spent much time on the roads. N.W England doesn't seem as bad as certain parts of Scotland. In Inverness even police cars don't bother signalling.

In Spain failure to signal can result in an on the spot fine - as can using a mobile phone when driving. Maybe that should be introduced here.

It's de rigeur to not use your indicators over here.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Had to take the day off work as there is work being done on the block of flats and access is required to the house. Not even 10:30, I’m already bored shitless and daytime tv is awful.

Homes Under the Hammer, Wanted Down Under, Don't get Done, get Dom, This Morning, Jeremy Kyle.  How can you moan that daytime telly is pish?  I love a wee midweek day off when I can sit in my own filth watching all of the above, and more.

Homes Under the Hammer, Wanted Down Under, Don't get Done, get Dom, This Morning, Jeremy Kyle.  How can you moan that daytime telly is pish?  I love a wee midweek day off when I can sit in my own filth watching all of the above, and more.
I honestly can't think of a more boring, soul destroying past time. Except the own filth part.

Just now, Stellaboz said:
16 minutes ago, Adam said:

I honestly can't think of a more boring, soul destroying past time. Except the own filth part.

I'm a great advocate of the 'Sitting and Doing f**k all' mantra.

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's like meditation. These mugs can't appreciate the level of contentment achieved doing nothing.

I had that conversation with a couple of workmates when someone was retiring - one of them was saying they couldn't do nothing all day if that was them, and they'd need to take a part-time job somewhere.

I replied that if pottering about was a sport, I'd be bringing back the Commonwealth gold for Scotland - I'd be fine.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Able bodied folk at my work who get the lift up and down one floor all day everyday, especially as they are usually going to the canteen to get another snack.

I love meeting these folk at the lift and engaging them in some sparkling conversation, then forcing them to take the stairs whilst talking to me all the time.  

Their wee red cheeks and wheezy breathing when we reach step number 8 makes me feel alive. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I love meeting these folk at the lift and engaging them in some sparkling conversation, then forcing them to take the stairs whilst talking to me all the time.  

Their wee red cheeks and wheezy breathing when we reach step number 8 makes me feel alive. 

I reckon you also Farted.:whistle

I'm a great advocate of the 'Sitting and Doing f**k all' mantra.
It's like meditation. These mugs can't appreciate the level of contentment achieved doing nothing.
This. I actually despise these "Aw I canny sit and watch tele, I need to be doing something" c***s.

I heard the most horrendous combination of words I have ever heard in my life earlier. Walked in the house to have my ears subjected to some of the worst music known to man. 

- "What the f**k is this pish?", I politely enquired. 

- "It's Michael Bolton. He's covering *some fucking awful tune* by Roy Orbison".

I would rather have been waterboarded. Terrible. 

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I heard the most horrendous combination of words I have ever heard in my life earlier. Walked in the house to have my ears subjected to some of the worst music known to man. 

- "What the f**k is this pish?", I politely enquired. 

- "It's Michael Bolton. He's covering *some fucking awful tune* by Roy Orbison".

I would rather have been waterboarded. Terrible. 

I'll be honest, I didn't think Michael Bolton covering a Roy Orbison tune could result in the horror you describe, and went hunting for the song in order to point at laugh at your terrible taste.

Fucking hell though, you were right. And it gets worse - it was written by Roy Orbison AND Jeff Lynne.

Aye like theres some sort of shame in taking some time to sit and do f**k all.
My old man did nothing for years, literally years of his life but sit and watch utter shit. Put me off watching TV for the sake of it for life.
However, I've sat all day and played games for hours on end.

Trying to get through to HMRC on the phone.

Got a letter in today to say that I owe them £200 odd after they paid me too much in tax credit.

Kind of odd given I've not claimed tax credits for about 8 years.