Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

"The Death of the High Street"

World's changing. Get over it.

I much prefer going to retail parks on the outskirts of the city for stuff than the city centre.  The 2 main ones in Inverness both have a Tesco Extra, and smaller food store,  clothes stores, massive garden centres, restaurants, a cinema, a massive play centre. and most importantly; free parking. 

The only time in in the city centre now is for a night out.

For stuff you can't get at a retail park, you get it online.

People who use clever sounding words for something then immediately give the layman term for it, as if to cater for the 'less educated' listeners. Woman on the radio talking about a "cessation of hostilities, or 'cease fire'". Either use language that you're confident your demographic will understand or treat them like adults capable of being exposed to less frequently used words you patronising c*nt.

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

More like running about after cripples and invalids and wearing a sari.

If they're cripples and invalids she'd hardly need to run, would she?

13 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Cant listen to Beethoven's Eroica symphony.  Reminds me of that time my curly wig fell off in public at its premiere in April 1805.  Complete minter.

Did you feel a bit da-da-da-dumb? 

The amount of additional charges when buying gig tickets. Just bought two tickets that were £30 each but for each ticket I had to pay a service charge, handling fee (what’s the difference?) and a facilities fee which meant the total was £71. Obviously don’t mind paying for postage, but the other fees are a joke.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Have felt pretty sick for 3 days of my week off so far and today is the worst day yet. I’ll no doubt feel fine for being back at work on Monday.

No chance mate. Sounds like you've got bad aids. I'm afraid to say that you'll probably be dead by Monday.

No chance mate. Sounds like you've got bad aids. I'm afraid to say that you'll probably be dead by Monday.

At least I won’t have to go back to work. I think it’s pneumonia myself, have chills up and down my back and struggling to keep any food down. Thought I was feeling better yesterday so had my usual mix of beer and wine but I think that’s made it worse today.

17 minutes ago, throbber said:

At least I won’t have to go back to work. I think it’s pneumonia myself, have chills up and down my back and struggling to keep any food down. Thought I was feeling better yesterday so had my usual mix of beer and wine but I think that’s made it worse today.

You're finished mate. RIP xx

The reversal has begun! The other guy is going to put you through hell with all his drinking, drugs, Sodomy and general wrecklessness

2 hours ago, IainMorton said:

The amount of additional charges when buying gig tickets. Just bought two tickets that were £30 each but for each ticket I had to pay a service charge, handling fee (what’s the difference?) and a facilities fee which meant the total was £71. Obviously don’t mind paying for postage, but the other fees are a joke.

I never quite get this - the transactional world is all about robotics, automation and efficiency.

Yet if you were to rock up to the venue's box office, where they have the overheads of property, utilities, employing people to sit and serve you - none of those charges are applied, and you just buy a ticket for face value.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Really starting to hate the song "Together in Electric Dreams" because of those fucking c***s in that cider advert, which is a shame.

let's do an acoustic version of a song called 'together in ELECTRIC dreams' hipster arsehole cockwombles.

Only beaten in the current annoying adverts by those peely peely McD c***s, they win as they on the radio and TV

The old remedy of piss poor beer and cheap wine DIDN’T help your illness? I’m shocked! You’re done for.

45 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I never quite get this - the transactional world is all about robotics, automation and efficiency.

Yet if you were to rock up to the venue's box office, where they have the overheads of property, utilities, employing people to sit and serve you - none of those charges are applied, and you just buy a ticket for face value.

££££££

There's nothing to get. They're making up bollocks charges to rip folk off.

46 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I once went to Ticket Scotland under central station bridge to buy a ticket and expected to pay face value. I was raging when I was charged a service fee for the girl to spin round in her seat and take the ticket out of a drawer before spinning back round and handing it to me. 

Bunch of lads on a stag do in the pub I’m currently drinking in- fair enough-they got a little rowdy with the female singer, but nothing overtly threatening or personal. They’ve now come to the inside area and demanded the most expensive Hennessy Cognac from behind the bar, originally asking for a full bottle of it. The very polite barman calculated the price and they were told it would be around £500. They are now drinking single measures of the cheapest Hennessy they have available. What gets on my nerves is the way they approached the bar all cocky as if they were in a fiddy video & then backtracked on it all. What’s the point?

let's do an acoustic version of a song called 'together in ELECTRIC dreams' hipster arsehole cockwombles.
Only beaten in the current annoying adverts by those peely peely McD c***s, they win as they on the radio and TV
I like that hipster version of the song.

Very clever marketing, although it won't make me buy their cider.