Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The upward infliction; people who upturn the end of a simple sentence by stressing the last word as though it’s a question. Generally used by people who also throw in unnecessary words to fill out a sentence or explanation, such as basically, specifically and fundamentally.
Petty but so fucking annoying.

This sounds pretty painful.

20 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The upward inflection; people who upturn the end of a simple sentence by stressing the last word as though it’s a question. Generally used by people who also throw in unnecessary words to fill out a sentence or explanation, such as basically, specifically and fundamentally.

ETA, Spellcheckemoji847.png

See also folk who talk like some moronic football pundit when interviewed. "As I say, basically I was just driving my van down the actual street". 

The upward inflection; people who upturn the end of a simple sentence by stressing the last word as though it’s a question. Generally used by people who also throw in unnecessary words to fill out a sentence or explanation, such as basically, specifically and fundamentally.

ETA, Spellcheck[emoji847]
I swear this is going to be the root cause of some massacre in a wetherspoons where someone snaps and wipes out a whole table of lassies drinking pink gin thinking they're in some American reality show!

See also folk who talk like some moronic football pundit when interviewed. "As I say, basically I was just driving my van down the actual street". 

“I was like actual...”
Well which, asshole?! Was it like something or actually something you fucking roaster!?

25 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

“I was like actual...”
Well which, asshole?! Was it like something or actually something you fucking roaster!?

A girl that I work with always has to describe things as actual. “That was actual amazing”, or “it’s actual freezing out there”. So annoying.

Feeding bread to ducks, you do realise that animals have been surviving and thriving way before you bought too much bread.

I regularly see a woman in Vondel park and she is always dumping loads of bread for the geese and ducks, today one of my dogs ran over to grab some of the bread as I walked over to move the dog on she turned and growled "get that dog away the bread is for the ducks" I was quite taken aback but decided to try and educate her, told her it contained no nutritional value, its basically junk food for them, it fills them up and stops them eating what they should eat, it also attracts rats and mice (its actually banned in some areas of Amsterdam for this very reason) she just stared blankly and replied "it's ok I'm a vegan and the bread is biological"....I did a Garry O'Connor face, then turned and two of my dogs are looking at me as if to say "leave it mate, you can't reason with crazy" 

28 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Feeding bread to ducks, you do realise that animals have been surviving and thriving way before you bought too much bread.

I regularly see a woman in Vondel park and she is always dumping loads of bread for the geese and ducks, today one of my dogs ran over to grab some of the bread as I walked over to move the dog on she turned and growled "get that dog away the bread is for the ducks" I was quite taken aback but decided to try and educate her, told her it contained no nutritional value, its basically junk food for them, it fills them up and stops them eating what they should eat, it also attracts rats and mice (its actually banned in some areas of Amsterdam for this very reason) she just stared blankly and replied "it's ok I'm a vegan and the bread is biological"....I did a Garry O'Connor face, then turned and two of my dogs are looking at me as if to say "leave it mate, you can't reason with crazy" 

:lol:

What does that shit even mean?!

There's an old twat in Dundee city centre who keeps feeding the fucking gulls. They're a big problem in the city centre and there are signs up asking folk not to do it. I regularly see folk get food nicked out of their hands by gulls (admittedly it's quite amusing) but the big feathery terrorists are shitey wee scummy fannies.

The old lad is just pissing everyone off with such dick behaviour.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Meant to find out today about what's happening with Job at Tesco. Once again has been delayed. Onto week number 3 of this delay.
Cheers Tesco

Bin them mate. Take that other job. Tesco clearly don't give a f**k about you or your colleagues.

[emoji38]

There's an old twat in Dundee city centre who keeps feeding the fucking gulls. They're a big problem in the city centre and there are signs up asking folk not to do it. I regularly see folk get food nicked out of their hands by gulls (admittedly it's quite amusing) but the big feathery terrorists are shitey wee scummy fannies.
I know wtf, i nearly lost it and went on a rant at her when she said that but knew it was utterly pointless

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

They dont I know this however I wanna walk away with some sort of money. It is beyond a joke.
Yet management just dont give a f**k. I presume they are waiting till the end of the financial year ( and of the week ) but why not just give us that dates n stop being c***s.
My small fear of my new job ( got moving n handling training soon before I can start n decide shifts ) is what happens if I hate it.
I know it's a gamble as that's what I tried with call centre n realised as much as I can do the job it was bollox

You've got no control which frees you not to worry. See what happens and if the worst comes to the worst go to Lidl or Aldi. Pay's not bad.

15 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

They dont I know this however I wanna walk away with some sort of money. It is beyond a joke.
Yet management just dont give a f**k. I presume they are waiting till the end of the financial year ( and of the week ) but why not just give us that dates n stop being c***s.
My small fear of my new job ( got moving n handling training soon before I can start n decide shifts ) is what happens if I hate it.
I know it's a gamble as that's what I tried with call centre n realised as much as I can do the job it was bollox

Aye what welshbairn said.

If it's shit, at least you tried. Just move on.

[emoji38]

"old twat"
"Dundee"
"dick"

This could be any one of a number of P&B regulars.

7 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

I don't have anything to add to this story, other than the realisation that this song is about a real place

7 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Further proof that you will find out that a vegan is a vegan within 5 minutes of meeting them, because they will tell you. 

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

there's an old git who feeds the pigeons in the park in West Richmond Street. 

I tend to lean towards the view that urban pigeons are "roof rats" but as the coffin dodger in question looks like Unlucky Alf from the Fast Show I think one day I'll see his remains lying there after a "The Birds" scenario..