Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Virgin media! Moving house. They can't provide service at the new address so just been told I have to pay them £240 one week after I've moved for the privilege of not getting their service anymore!!

Given how shit their service is that sounds like a bargain.

18 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Virgin media! Moving house. They can't provide service at the new address so just been told I have to pay them £240 one week after I've moved for the privilege of not getting their service anymore!!

I had this issue with Virgin Media and they never tried to charge me anything, I'd double check that to be honest.

British websites that don't have United Kingdom/British options tagged to the top of their Select country/nationality drop-down menu.   

I don't want to scroll down to the bit between U.A.E. and United States Minor Outlying Islands anymore.

Eta:  also not knowing if they've made the correct answer British or United Kingdom.

Edited by Hedgecutter

6 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I used to be like this with the weather and my mum. She'd ask me, every single time, what was the weather like? Sometimes I played along, other times I just went "meh" and she'd automatically go into a ten minute dialog of how hot or cold it had been since last time, whether she'd worn a jacket outside or not and if it had been raining.

I feel awful now that I never called as much as I should have, but in the moment I just used to switch off, or hand the phone over to my girlfriend. In fact, I use this tactic when we call my godmother, and end up playing Football Manager before shouting cheerio from across the room at the end of the call.

Godmother? That's a made up thing, block her number. Unless you're in her will of course.

Worth fighting that I would have thought given it's them who are refusing to provide you with the service. Could be worth posting here.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/How-to-cancel-Virgin-Media-contract/td-p/3343434/page/8
Have been through the contract and can tell they are trying to cover themselves from them being unable to provide service but I'm sure they use the word 'may' enough times that a decent lawyer could drive a tractor through the middle of it. The girl I was dealing with was totally unwilling to budge and wouldn't escalate it to someone who might see common sense so a formal complaint has went in.

5 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I had this issue with Virgin Media and they never tried to charge me anything, I'd double check that to be honest.

I had it with BT. Had to pay a £35 disconnection fee but that was it. Thought that was fair enough as it was me who was moving house, not them.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

British websites that don't have United Kingdom/British options tagged to the top of their Select country/nationality drop-down menu.   

I don't want to scroll down to the bit between U.A.E. and United States Minor Outlying Islands anymore.

Eta:  also not knowing if they've made the correct answer British or United Kingdom.

Websites that don't change it automatically based on your IP

Websites that don't have the menu automatically come up instead when you first visit

Websites that don't remember your choice or long-in the next time you're on it

I had it with BT. Had to pay a £35 disconnection fee but that was it. Thought that was fair enough as it was me who was moving house, not them.
See I understand there having to be some kind of charge and am more than happy to pay for what I've used plus admin costs etc but 240 quid is utterly scandalous. It's not even as if they have to pay someone to come out, disconnect it and bring all the equipment back, they are sending boxes for me to do that myself!!

Don't worry, post Brexit there will only be two choices - British or Dirty Foreign Scum.

3 minutes ago, Swarley said:
8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Don't worry, post Brexit there will only be two choices - British or Dirty Foreign Scum*.

*white English speakers excepted (see Rep. Ireland, Australia & NZ). They're not real foreigners. 

.....going past S and seeing the Solomon Islands, San Marino, South Sudan, St Vincent & The Grenadines etc and wondering how they manage to cope - the currency, pensions etc....

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

.....going past S and seeing the Solomon Islands, San Marino, South Sudan, St Vincent & The Grenadines etc and wondering how they manage to cope - the currency, pensions etc....

Solomon Islands coped very well in beating Vanuatu 3-1 on Monday.