Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This.

A particular hate of mine is when somebody has been for a meal in a restaurant and insists on telling you what they, and everybody else, had to eat.

My maw used to be horrendous for this.

"How was your lunch with [whatever friend/relative]?"

"It was lovely, we went to [shite overrated city centre place] because we had a voucher. She had the soup of the day, which was [hipster vegan pish], which came with half a sourdough, and one of those small packets of butter. Kerrygold, I think it was. No, it was that one with the salt crystals. I had the club sandwich, which came with Heinz mayonnaise rather than than Hellman's"

This point of the story was usually a good 5 minutes before she started shouting down the phone because she had clocked that I had put the phone down and fucked off to do something else. This shouting preceded the shouting about "Well you did ask" when I point out that the answer I wanted was "it was nice" or "it wasn't great".

14 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This.

A particular hate of mine is when somebody has been for a meal in a restaurant and insists on telling you what they, and everybody else, had to eat.

Worse when it's a mate who suddenly becomes a restaurant critic. You get a rundown on the decor, drinks list and then the full breakdown of standard of food. " The sea bass was perfect and the asparagus froth was a nice touch". Wait until they have stopped then describe the pie or bridie you had at the fitba. 

19 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This.

I don't know if it's yet another modern day phenomenon that's left me behind, but I sit in disbelief as I read whatsapp groups with my mates, constantly updating each other on their food intake.

Photos, plans, reviews, all over mediocre, everyday food.  I find it staggering.

Guest Moomintroll
Not realising how much crap you have until you start packing to move house. 
Feck thon, I will never move again, I'm dying here.

Parents/grandparentd who let their children do stuff like climb up slides at the soft play.

Not a huge deal, but my 1 year old doesnt understand why she isnt allowed to do it, while some arsehole stands and watches their spawn do it from directly under the sign saying not to

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Parents/grandparentd who let their children do stuff like climb up slides at the soft play.

Not a huge deal, but my 1 year old doesnt understand why she isnt allowed to do it, while some arsehole stands and watches their spawn do it from directly under the sign saying not to

And who would take legal action if it fell and hurt itself.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's only a matter of time until your kid witnesses said hellspawn smacking their teeth in or getting wiped out by "a big boy" and they will come to trust you more. 

If it looks like this isn't happening by itself, take steps to ensure that it does. 

58 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And who would take legal action if it fell and hurt itself.

Unusually for this occasion we arent talking the usual scumbags that set their feral brood off the leash and sit on their fat betrackied arses whining about one thing or another... Worst offender was a (presumably) a grandfather. Very attentive to the bairn etc, but still happy to just watch as they ran up and down a slide other bairns are trying to use. 

Self centred c***s like this do my head right in. I'm not at places like that to make pals, just to play with my own kids and have fun, but do your tiny wee bit to make sure everyone else can enjoy it without the awkwardness of your kid misbehaving and not checking them ffs

Sounds like Playzone in Inverness.  Respectable looking parents telling their spawn off if they step put of line, whilst the fucking jakies with their 7 kids all sit at the side talking and swearing loudly while Chantelle and Jayden run riot, throwing the toys at other kids and almost all the balls from the ball pit end up in the cafe across the room.

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

People constantly talking about food.  What they've eaten, what they'd like to eat, what they might eat tomorrow.  I don't care.

I really don't care.

That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah...

This point of the story was usually a good 5 minutes before she started shouting down the phone because she had clocked that I had put the phone down and fucked off to do something else. This shouting preceded the shouting about "Well you did ask" when I point out that the answer I wanted was "it was nice" or "it wasn't great".
I used to be like this with the weather and my mum. She'd ask me, every single time, what was the weather like? Sometimes I played along, other times I just went "meh" and she'd automatically go into a ten minute dialog of how hot or cold it had been since last time, whether she'd worn a jacket outside or not and if it had been raining.

I feel awful now that I never called as much as I should have, but in the moment I just used to switch off, or hand the phone over to my girlfriend. In fact, I use this tactic when we call my godmother, and end up playing Football Manager before shouting cheerio from across the room at the end of the call.

The previously discussed stupid computer login fiasco.
Worked out today that for every 100 employees you lose 14 hours a day to logging in.
Based on 50 logins per day.
Would actually pay to have a finger scanner or just go crazy and actually trust people.

14 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Virgin media! Moving house. They can't provide service at the new address so just been told I have to pay them £240 one week after I've moved for the privilege of not getting their service anymore!!

Worth fighting that I would have thought given it's them who are refusing to provide you with the service. Could be worth posting here.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/How-to-cancel-Virgin-Media-contract/td-p/3343434/page/8