Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Moomintroll
A bit? Every bit of American “confectionary” should be put in a space rocket and fired directly towards Sirius.
A person who actively seeks out and enjoys the abomination that is Mushroom Suppers cannot comment on any other culinary matter. Reluctantly, however, I have to agree with the sentiment as American confectionary (grrrr) is a tasteless, sugar packed mess.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Inspired by a hat, Sydney Stern created the name Ritz, which appealed to individuals suffering in the Great Depression, offering them "a bite of the good life"- Wikipedia

Maybe you'd be better off eating your hat. 

Talking of biscuits, I think Oreos are bit shite. 

They're f****** awful.

A hurried shite and encountering one of those massive industrial sized bog roll holders that has been filled with extremely heavy, but equally flimsy lavvy paper.

Getting even one little sheet out is a challenge, but your two flusher needs about 20.

Noticed about £600 in transactions pending on my current account.

Phoned the bank and they confirmed there is 9 transactions pending to Trainline.com in the past 24 hours.

Bank card cancelled, which is a fucking hassle more than anything else, and if they can’t stop the transactions it’s unnecessary hassle to get the money back.

At least spend the money on something decent, instead of fucking train tickets.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

A hurried shite and encountering one of those massive industrial sized bog roll holders that has been filled with extremely heavy, but equally flimsy lavvy paper.

Getting even one little sheet out is a challenge, but your two flusher needs about 20.

Better that than the slidy tracing paper you used to get.

8 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Phoned the bank and they confirmed there is 9 transactions pending to Trainline.com in the past 24 hours.

Bank card cancelled, which is a fucking hassle more than anything else, and if they can’t stop the transactions it’s unnecessary hassle to get the money back.

At least spend the money on something decent, instead of fucking train tickets.

Bank employee checking the transactions:

"Hoors and coke... hoors and coke...hoors and coke... hoors and coke... wait a minute, TRAIN tickets?! Better contact MONKMAN..." 

9 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

The worrying thing for me about that is I only check my account about once a month, if that. I might have been violated weeks ago and I wouldn't even have noticed! :babe2

Hotels who can't decide when to take your money. I booked a room for May, fully intending to pay for it now. Turns out they are only going to take 1 night as a deposit (without saying exactly how much 1 night is, assuming its half of the 2 night stay but it may not be as its a Friday & Saturday, so may be different rates) and then pay when you get there. This would be ok except I booked about 3 weeks ago and the money still isn't away so now its a "we'll take some random amount at some random point before May". Useless. 

I also hate the pre-authorization thing, again its often a random amount they try and take, had one hotel authorize £10 and another £300 for a hotel I booked nearly a year ahead. Either let us pay upfront or pay when we get there and tell us. Not have some guessing game in between.