Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I ate at one of these back in the day. Nothing like as good as it was cracked up to be.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoWeO3ucx66jJV_Bm9sCy

Anyway, today's PTTGOYN is that someone tried to haggle me down from 25p to 20p for an item because "I've seen them sell at that price at other shops"  <_<

35 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I ate at one of these back in the day. Nothing like as good as it was cracked up to be.

Anyway, today's PTTGOYN is that someone tried to haggle me down from 25p to 20p for an item because "I've seen them sell at that price at other shops"  <_<

Is your first point linked to your second point?

18 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is your first point linked to your second point?

25p? Pfft.

Spoiler

I won't drop to those kinds of prices 'til after Brexit. 25p, or the peelings from a rotten turnip.

Waking up at 0430 wide awake.  It's going to be a long day.
Think I was speaking to someone on "infuriating thing's your partner does" thread about this.
Always happens to me at the weekend, as soon as I'm awake, that's m for the day, and I've seen me waking up from 03:50 onwards some weekends, absolutely horrible.

Waking up at 0430 wide awake.  It's going to be a long day.

Happens to me loads as well. Fucking hate it. Also get it the other way around where I can’t get to sleep til the wee hours then have to go to work on about 3hrs sleep.

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:11, Shandon Par said:

Cheers. had a bit of a cold anyway then had a big lad crash the top of his head into my nose on Friday. Was away this weekend and realised I couldn't smell or taste anything. Maybe another thump in the same place will restore the senses. 

Aye, that usually works with a broken leg...

15 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Was it toilet roll?

The way new housing developments are named. It's always THE Medows. The Stables. Strath view . Never Crematorium close. Or Abattoir Avenue.
It's almost as if they're trying to make them sound as pleasant as possible to try and encourage people to part with vast sums of money to live there.

You could extend the gripe to the names of the actual houses they build in these sickeningly pleasant sounding streets. To think someone probably gets paid a fortune to find a way to scale the names of the houses to give subconscious placing of class within the estate. You know that if you have moved into The Balmoral that you are superior in every way to the scummy tinks that could only afford The Smith, probably needing to use help to buy as well!