Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

He's only 23...never gets old.

Anyway.  GK to Striker or VV?  What's your take?

It's been GK to striker since the beginning of time. Reversing it sounds like something an American would do. 

28 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Goalkeeper
Defence
Midfield
Strikers

There is no debate here. Anyone doing it the opposite way is wrong.

24 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

It's been GK to striker since the beginning of time. Reversing it sounds like something an American would do. 

Well we got there in the end...

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
23 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Play with a guy like that just now. Often shoots from in his own half on a 7s pitch, fucking ridiculous.

Needs to be marked or make sure he dosnt get the shot off

Not really, as a defender in the opposite team it’s great as he never scores. As a player on his team it’s incredibly frustrating making decent runs/always looking for a pass and seeing him fire off another pot shot from halfway.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

12 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
14 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Not really, as a defender in the opposite team it’s great as he never scores. As a player on his team it’s incredibly frustrating making decent runs/always looking for a pass and seeing him fire off another pot shot from halfway.

Nobody tell him to stop being a dick ?

People in his team give him a bit of stick when he doesn’t pass, but not really no.

1 minute ago, milton75 said:

That fucking "Someone's knockin' at the door" shitehouse of a song that's on the Postcode Lottery adverts all the time.

Wait; folk don't mute the TV or change the channel when adverts come on?!

Just now, milton75 said:

That fucking "Someone's knockin' at the door" shitehouse of a song that's on the Postcode Lottery adverts all the time.

Agreed and greenied.  The fact that that single line annoys me more than it should.

Also, the series of Mazda adverts where they make up words.  Current version is that they have a 'freedometer', which measures how good you feel when you get out on the open road in a Mazda (or some such bollocks, I zoned out when I heard freedometer).

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wait; folk don't mute the TV or change the channel when adverts come on?!

:lol: I didn't even know it was on the TV! That makes its proliferation even worse, but in this case my ire has been irked by it being ubiquitous on the radio.

16 minutes ago, milton75 said:

Absolutely infuriating.  End up singing it in my head for ages after seeing it.

Agreed and greenied.  The fact that that single line annoys me more than it should.
Also, the series of Mazda adverts where they make up words.  Current version is that they have a 'freedometer', which measures how good you feel when you get out on the open road in a Mazda (or some such bollocks, I zoned out when I heard freedometer).
The person singing it's voice annoys me. It's an incredibly contrived vocal. 

I was incensed enough to google it and it's a cover of a Wings track. The guilty party is this bellend Billy Paul.

https://www.tvadmusic.co.uk/2017/10/peoples-postcode-lottery-knocking-at-your-door/

On the subject, I saw this cover of the Wings release. The howling state of McCartney's face nearly made me vomit. No wonder the B-side was called "beware my love". What a tit.

IMG-20190222-WA0005.jpg

To prove my point about fives last night our team was considerably worse (myself included) than the other side. We were behind by three with fifteen to go and won by five. All because some guy had zero footballing brain and used up all his energy making runs up the wing and taking on two or three players. He then just stood still in our half allowing one of our players to run into space and we scored eight without reply. His teammates were going mental at him and he left sharpish at the end.
All the rest of his team were pissed off.