Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Had one guy who never passed the ball and just took a shot no matter how hopeless the position. Celebrated like he was at the world cup on the odd time it worked.

Play with a guy like that just now. Often shoots from in his own half on a 7s pitch, fucking ridiculous.

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Single sheet toilet paper. It's essentially worthless in times of a crisis.

What annoys me most about the single sheet dispensers is that they're often rammed full with too many single sheets, so when you go to pull one out you actually end up pulling about 3 or 4 out at the same time and they all get ripped, leaving none of them suitable for use.  I don't understand why it's used over a roll, I can't imagine single sheet toilet paper is any easier or cheaper to produce but perhaps the process I've made up in my head for making toilet paper is incorrect.

17 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I've spent much of my adult life moaning at folk that don't track back at fives - calmed down a bit now, probably as I'm slowing up myself in my old age.

Less bothered about folk that don't always look for a pass, as I prefer to take the Italian "defence is everything" philosophy to the small-sided game. The more organised and streetwise team will normally win at fives, whereas on a bigger pitch, raw pace from some wee shite in his 20s will kill you.

If you need to take a breather, which I often do these days, and are not in goals, just anchor at the back and at least be a body that slows up the counter attack if nothing else. 

A defender , eh ?

Going to Perth on Saturday ?...........bring your boots

I’ve decided to give up my independence and move in with my girlfriend, and as she has stuff like couches and beds and that, it means I need to get rid of mine.

Stuck my couches on one of those FB buy and sell page at the weekend. First guy I speak to wants to collect them yesterday, say that’s fine, I’ll be in from 7pm onwards.

Text him yesterday at work, just confirming he was still coming to collect them. Replied back saying he had lost my number (how?!) and was having trouble sourcing a van. Said they had to be gone by 1st March latest and he didn’t reply.

Should I just go back to him again, tell him to GTF, and message the next person who sent me a message? Feel a bit sorry for him as he was telling me he’s moving to a house that has nothing in it after his marriage broke down, but I don’t want to be handing the keys back to my landlady with two couches still in the place!

47 minutes ago, Adam said:

I’ve decided to give up my independence and move in with my girlfriend, and as she has stuff like couches and beds and that, it means I need to get rid of mine.

Stuck my couches on one of those FB buy and sell page at the weekend. First guy I speak to wants to collect them yesterday, say that’s fine, I’ll be in from 7pm onwards.

Text him yesterday at work, just confirming he was still coming to collect them. Replied back saying he had lost my number (how?!) and was having trouble sourcing a van. Said they had to be gone by 1st March latest and he didn’t reply.

Should I just go back to him again, tell him to GTF, and message the next person who sent me a message? Feel a bit sorry for him as he was telling me he’s moving to a house that has nothing in it after his marriage broke down, but I don’t want to be handing the keys back to my landlady with two couches still in the place!

f**k his sob story - people will mess you about without a second thought. Gumtree and FB marketplace pages are chock full of timewasting tyre-kickers. People will sound genuine, tell you they 100% want it, they are on their way, and will then not turn up and then turn off their phones. I've dealt with loads of these fuckwits. Explain to folk it's strictly first come, first served with no holds. 

On a similar note, if you really want to piss someone off or prank them, put an advert for a washing machine on the freebie section of Gumtree with their phone number as the contact. Without exaggeration, their phone will ring at least every couple of minutes until the ad is removed. 

f**k his sob story - people will mess you about without a second thought. Gumtree and FB marketplace pages are chock full of timewasting tyre-kickers. People will sound genuine, tell you they 100% want it, they are on their way, and will then not turn up and then turn off their phones. I've dealt with loads of these fuckwits. Explain to folk it's strictly first come, first served with no holds. 
On a similar note, if you really want to piss someone off or prank them, put an advert for a washing machine on the freebie section of Gumtree with their phone number as the contact. Without exaggeration, their phone will ring at least every couple of minutes until the ad is removed. 
Done something similar to a boy that hung about with us a few year ago.
Guy turned into a bit of a knob so we fired his number on Gumtree with an advert basically saying it was a house clearance and everything must go free of charge.
He had to change his number.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What annoys me most about the single sheet dispensers is that they're often rammed full with too many single sheets, so when you go to pull one out you actually end up pulling about 3 or 4 out at the same time and they all get ripped, leaving none of them suitable for use.  I don't understand why it's used over a roll, I can't imagine single sheet toilet paper is any easier or cheaper to produce but perhaps the process I've made up in my head for making toilet paper is incorrect.

The drum thing on the wall that dispenses big paper from a hole in the middle are my current let hate. The number of times I've been mid-shite  before realising the previous occupant hasn't pulled a sheet through the dispenser. This means waiting on the other teams emptying, then gambling that I can waddle to the next door without somebody else coming in. It's taking years off me.

One of these b*****ds.

images (5).jpeg

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

This, this.

I'm selling a bundle of old computers / monitors on the old Facebook the now for £80. Had a boy message me wanting to come to see them so I arrange to stay in last night. He comes, says he's going to take them and then, as an afterthought, says "will you take £70?". Now I know what some of you are thinking, it's just a tenner, but f**k him. I say no, it's £80, and he spins me some bullshit story about how it's his laddie's pocket money and his laddie says it was £70 (if that's the case, why ask me then?).

Says he'll need to go back home and check with his boy. Then sends me some bullshit message on Facebook that his son claims I agreed with him over e-mail to sell them for £70. I ask him to send me a copy of that e-mail and unsurprisingly he can't. I wasted an evening for this utter c**t.

When you discuss a team's formation - be it how you'll set up for the next match or some variation of your 'best ever 11" etc - the format is clear:

Keeper
Defenders
Midfield
Attackers

Some absolute arsholes have decided to buck the trend and do it the other way round.  Example, but it's not the only one, from a recent Reddit thread:

Kent Morelos Cadeias
Arfield Kamara Jack
Halliday Worrall Goldson Tavernier
McGregor

WTF is that all about?  McGregor playing as the lone striker?  

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

When you discuss a team's formation - be it how you'll set up for the next match or some variation of your 'best ever 11" etc - the format is clear:

Keeper
Defenders
Midfield
Attackers

Some absolute arsholes have decided to buck the trend and do it the other way round.  Example, but it's not the only one, from a recent Reddit thread:

Kent Morelos Cadeias
Arfield Kamara Jack
Halliday Worrall Goldson Tavernier
McGregor

WTF is that all about?  McGregor playing as the lone striker?  

Morelos in goal would probably be quite handy with all the diving about the c**t does.