Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Travelled on one of Mr Branson's trains recently. When you go for a slash a  female voice says "Hello, it's your toilet here." and then goes on to say they quite enjoy their job, they used to be a public toilet and please don't flush any nappies etc. down them. 

Cringeworth. And it puts you off a bit. I should have pished in the sink, it wasn't in a mood to talk. 

Travelled on one of Mr Branson's trains recently. When you go for a slash a  female voice says "Hello, it's your toilet here." and then goes on to say they quite enjoy their job, they used to be a public toilet and please don't flush any nappies etc. down them. 

Cringeworth. And it puts you off a bit. I should have pished in the sink, it wasn't in a mood to talk. 

The first car I owned was a Renault 5. Changing the bulb was easy. You undid a clip, took the bulb out, put another bulb in and there was plenty of room to do it. Just about every car I've own since you need to to be some kind of shape shifiting mutant to get in to change the bulb. 
I suppose with improved LED technology headlight bulbs should be on their way out but I dare say when an LED goes it will cost about 500 quid to have it replaced. 
I have a kia that developed a glitch with the led daytime light strip. The garage couldn't do a thing with it as the headlight cluster is a sealed unit, 1 grand to replace! Thankfully it was done under warranty and they replaced the other side as well just incase it goes the same way!

The first car I owned was a Renault 5. Changing the bulb was easy. You undid a clip, took the bulb out, put another bulb in and there was plenty of room to do it. Just about every car I've own since you need to to be some kind of shape shifiting mutant to get in to change the bulb. 
I suppose with improved LED technology headlight bulbs should be on their way out but I dare say when an LED goes it will cost about 500 quid to have it replaced. 
This is an older honda civic and they are not designed for bigger hands to change bulbs that's for sodding sure.
I think the maestro I had was easiest for bulbs. I mean it felt like changing a candle in a lantern compared to hand twister that it is now

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 04:36, Dee Man said:

I get ocular migraines probably about 3 or 4 times a year - the latest being last week. I was talking to the wife in her shop then suddenly I couldn't see the left side of her face. The disappearance of the left side of my vision is the only real symptom and lasts about half an hour although they come with the slighest of headaches which remains for the rest of the day although it is a banging headache for the duration of a cough or sneeze. 

The best representations I've seen are the middle picture in this oil painting and this gif. It's quite mad to be looking straight at something but not being able to see all of it. 

4DiZe.gif.44d35faacd84953470ce0b738329223a.gifScreenshot_20190115-115727_Google.thumb.jpg.97f4a580a32761a27ac2c84f1ee811a6.jpg

If I got those proper migraines where you have to lie in a darkened room I'd be taking a couple of valium and knocking myself out. 

I get these, its exactly like the middle picture in the oil painting. The blurriness starts tiny and expands gradually.

Only rarely though, maybe once every 3 or 4 months. Seem to only ever happen at the exact same time of the day and never anywhere but at work. Very strange.

I feel really shitty after the vision goes back to normal.

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I'm sure this'll be covered elsewhere, I don't have a car but cyclists in dark clothing with no lights really piss me off.

It's been covered for sure. I wouldn't say they piss me off but I've no sympathy if they get themselves hurt in an accident due to them not having lights, bright clothing, etc.

What pisses me off more though is when you see kids out on bikes in the dark with no lights. Their parents must be right kunts. The same parents that would be first in the queue if their little cherub came to harm in an accident with a car that hadn't seen them. Because they didn't have lights on. Because they didn't care and/or were too tight to buy lights for them. Kuntz.

:) 

Speaking of c***s. c***s like this at school drop off/pick up. And as you say, if a kid gets run over, they'll be the first to complain on social media about how awful all the illegal parking around the school is. _20190220_101318.JPG

5 minutes ago, Swarley said:

Speaking of c***s. c***s like this at school drop off/pick up. And as you say, if a kid gets run over, they'll be the first to complain on social media about how awful all the illegal parking around the school is. _20190220_101318.JPG

Are those 'WARNING, TROUSERS' signs?

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Players at the fives who don't mark or go two defenders on one. It's like being a man down.

Positional sense at 5s is usually very poor.

Guys who don't look for a pass when you have the ball or look to mark when the opposition does.

What exactly are they doing there is anyones guess