Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I walk past this picture in the window of a tanning salon every day. It annoys me in multiple ways.

• First, they've included the photographer's umbrella in the background. Fucking lazy.
  • Second, the subject appears to be wearing some kind of cheap, tacky LED necklace. Truth in advertising and all that, but in annoys me that we've reached a point where nobody's even pretending this shit isn't cheap and tacky anymore. They used to pretend there was some kind of Hollywood glamour to cooking yourself in a trashcan in a rainy wee Scottish town.
  • Third, the picture seems to have been taken during the initial flash of a nuclear explosion, where human flesh is roasted to a tarry black, but before the victim's atoms are blown to smithereens. It astounds me that this is a useful image when trying to attract people to your house of day-glo biped ovens.
  • Fourth, finally, and most criminally - this picture is so sloppy that the label on the lassie's bikini top is poking out from under the back strap. I'd say that I hope somebody was fired as a result of this nightmare, but frankly, death would be too easy. Shameful.

2/10 would not bang.

NuclearBeachHolocaust.png

On 2/17/2019 at 03:11, ajwffc said:

Some of the shit "music" that people play while driving. The car sitting near me at my work is is playing a song that can only be discribed as random electronic sounds

The shit rating of the music is in inverse proportion to the volumne

Crapper the music - Louder the music

17 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Cling film. 

Clings to everything you don't want it to cling to, and nothing that you do.

Get the thicker stuff they use for binding boxes to pallets before shipping. Works a treat.

Plus, I understand it's popular in the sensory deprivation community, where folk get themselves wrapped in it from head to toe for their sexual pleasure. I'm sure that's of no relevance for your purposes, but you never know who might drop by to visit over the weekend.

35 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

You may not. They are shite. 

What's the issue with them? You open the box, pull out your required length (f**k off with your Kenneth Williams pictures) of cling film and close the lid leaving a perfect cut of cling film for you to wrap whatever you like. Unless you're an amputee or a moron I struggle to see where issues arise.

There's a sign on some of the bins in Edinburgh encouraging people to pick up after their dogs, fair enough. However the thought process that went into the scripture of the sign does my head in....

"Dog Poo spreads disease, bin it here...... Cheers". 

Eh? 

PLEASE! it should end with PLEASE!

I'm actually raging just thinking about it, Cvnts!

Like? 
It's possibly odd behaviour, but I always toast even numbers of slices of bread. I also have two slices of prosciutto in my panino but there are nine slices in the pack, meaning I use one four day old slice (not as good as fresh due to my inability to correctly use cling film) and one from a new pack.

48 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
4 hours ago, whiskychimp said:
Like? 

It's possibly odd behaviour, but I always toast even numbers of slices of bread. I also have two slices of prosciutto in my panino but there are nine slices in the pack, meaning I use one four day old slice (not as good as fresh due to my inability to correctly use cling film) and one from a new pack.

9 slices of Prosciutto in a pack. 

The lesser known Katie Melua prequel to Bicycles in Beijing. 

(buy from a deli and ask for an even number) 

5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Packs containing odd numbers of things you normally consume in even quantities.

4 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Like? 

not a current example, but as a child i would often have to split a packet of sweets with my sister.

They were all odd numbers, resulting in fighting about who would get the bigger "half". For a pacifist, Rowntree didn't half start some amount of bother.

On reflection, my Dad should have just eaten the odd one. Maybe he wanted to see who'd win.

Realised entire left side lights out on the car this morning, only full beam would light it up, got to work and went to the nearby garage at lunch for a spare. Swap the bulbs and same issue. Use Google to see if anything else and mentions the fuse in engine bay, swap that out, still only lighting up on full beams, f**k it, check with boss if ok to skip out early to get to mechanic and home before dark and dangerous.
Get to my brother in law's garage, told him the issue, the steps I have taken and that my voltmeter is somewhere in the house and thought he'd be best.
Showed him both bulbs not working so he got a 3rd, no issues works perfectly, gets a 4th no issues.
So either changing the fuse sorted it and that killed both dimmed bulbs or I was sold a duff bulb

End of the day, I rushed through rush hour traffic, earlier than usual, to get a mechanic to change a light bulb.

8 hours ago, SaintDougie said:

There's a sign on some of the bins in Edinburgh encouraging people to pick up after their dogs, fair enough. However the thought process that went into the scripture of the sign does my head in....

"Dog Poo spreads disease, bin it here...... Cheers". 

Eh? 

PLEASE! it should end with PLEASE!

I'm actually raging just thinking about it, Cvnts!

It should end with "bin it here.. you antisocial c**t or I'll make you eat it. And don't get me started on exercising your fucking dog on football pitches. And as for you cycling on the pavement.." 

2 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Realised entire left side lights out on the car this morning, only full beam would light it up, got to work and went to the nearby garage at lunch for a spare. Swap the bulbs and same issue. Use Google to see if anything else and mentions the fuse in engine bay, swap that out, still only lighting up on full beams, f**k it, check with boss if ok to skip out early to get to mechanic and home before dark and dangerous.
Get to my brother in law's garage, told him the issue, the steps I have taken and that my voltmeter is somewhere in the house and thought he'd be best.
Showed him both bulbs not working so he got a 3rd, no issues works perfectly, gets a 4th no issues.
So either changing the fuse sorted it and that killed both dimmed bulbs or I was sold a duff bulb

End of the day, I rushed through rush hour traffic, earlier than usual, to get a mechanic to change a light bulb.

The first car I owned was a Renault 5. Changing the bulb was easy. You undid a clip, took the bulb out, put another bulb in and there was plenty of room to do it. Just about every car I've own since you need to to be some kind of shape shifiting mutant to get in to change the bulb. 

I suppose with improved LED technology headlight bulbs should be on their way out but I dare say when an LED goes it will cost about 500 quid to have it replaced.