Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I think we should get the license to do what the f**k we like with foreign words when we import them. Doctors do it all the time by mixing up Greek and Latin to confuse a patient with a sore bit. I'm pretty sure that the ancient Persian or modern Turkish plural for a wee self standing booth isn't "Kiosks."

59 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'd just like to point out I have never used the word panino in real life. Language evolves lads.

Imagine being that guy who asks for a panino. 

Can I have a panino please?

- U wot m8? Do you mean a panini?

- Nope. Panini is plural whereas I am after a single panino. 

- f**k off. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, Northboy said:
I recently saw a sign in Amsterdam Airport advertising PANINI'S. Given that PANINI is already plural this somehow manages to be grammatically wrong in two languages at the same time.

What is a singular panini?

A bit lonely.

23 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Imagine being that guy who asks for a panino. 

Can I have a panino please?

- U wot m8? Do you mean a panini?

- Nope. Panini is plural whereas I am after a single panino. 

- f**k off. 

Doubt there’s much demand for Vegemite panino.

Fucking Siri in the car. I’ll all for the hands free but that fucking thing translates my accent into all kinds of shite, which renders the ability to answer business messages, null & void. I have to wait til I stop to answer business messages so what’s the fucking point ? b*****d thing.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Doubt there’s much demand for Vegemite panino.

Maybe not a panino but there is a panini. Why anyone would want to eat one of these is another thing.

Vegemite and Cheese | Coe & Coe

Cremorne, Footscray, Port Melbourne

Every Coe & Coe venue has fresh, specially-baked rye panini bread delivered daily (they're the only ones that get this recipe). We’d happy bundle up a few slices and eat them with nothing but butter all day—but Coe & Coe can do one better. While it’s not on the menu, you can request a cheese and vegemite panini. They nail the ratio every time, so you can thank us for the intel later.

2 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Fucking Siri in the car. I’ll all for the hands free but that fucking thing translates my accent into all kinds of shite, which renders the ability to answer business messages, null & void. I have to wait til I stop to answer business messages so what’s the fucking point ? b*****d thing.

Why would you ever need Siri when driving?

14 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Either I’m pronouncing Arnold Schönberg’s name wrong or Amazon Alexa doesn’t know how it’s pronounced or Amazon Music doesn’t have any of his stuff

p01lykp5.jpg