Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

17 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Spoilers!!

I'm sure others have moaned before but fucking spoilers! You canny watch anything on telly these days without having to sit through a condensed version of what you've just sat down to watch beforehand.

What morons are spoilers aimed at ? who sits down to watch a TV programme and needs to know what's just about to fucking come up?

C'nts.

Can you give an example of what sort of TV shows this is happening in?  In my experience it's only extremely shite TV shows that have that stupid "COMING UP..." bit at the start of the show, shit like Storage Wars and nobody should be seriously watching that (or be upset that they've had it spoiled for them).

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can you give an example of what sort of TV shows this is happening in?  In my experience it's only extremely shite TV shows that have that stupid "COMING UP..." bit at the start of the show, shit like Storage Wars and nobody should be seriously watching that (or be upset that they've had it spoiled for them).

Luther is the only decent programme I know of that does it. Really don’t get it, some of the major plot points of the next episode played at the end of each one.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Luther is the only decent programme I know of that does it. Really don’t get it, some of the major plot points of the next episode played at the end of each one.

Ah, I haven't sat down to watch Luther yet but that did remind me that The Bridge was a bit guilty of this too. 

Seeing as we are talking tele shows I fucking hate when I've made all the effort in the world to be ready for it coming on for it to spend the 1st minute with "previously"

See if the fuckwits who don't know what's happened can't be bothered to watch the previous episode/series then f**k them. Don't accommodate them.

It must be a very small % of the audience who actually require that information and a very large % who are having to watch again.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Seeing as we are talking tele shows I fucking hate when I've made all the effort in the world to be ready for it coming on for it to spend the 1st minute with "previously"

See if the fuckwits who don't know what's happened can't be bothered to watch the previous episode/series then f**k them. Don't accommodate them.

It must be a very small % of the audience who actually require that information and a very large % who are having to watch again.

Especially when the "previously" bit suddenly includes something or someone that happened a series or two ago. 

Oh, I wonder if this will be important in this new episode?

See also:  Including the name of an actor whose character is supposed to be dead, or hasn't been in it for ages in the opening credits*

*I know that this may be some required actors guild rule, but still.

9 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Allied to this - work only buying a small number of licenses for a piece of software everyone needs to use, prompting building wide emails asking people to log off on a daily basis...

So much this.  We have 1 CAD licensed PC in here, our CAD guy only works 3 days a week - if you need a drawing on one of those off days? Tough luck.

Why don't we get another licensed PC? Cost.  Why don't we make the 1 licensed PC accessible to all? It's his PC and we can't know his password. 

Allied to this - work only buying a small number of licenses for a piece of software everyone needs to use, prompting building wide emails asking people to log off on a daily basis...
Have you got it open. Nope (totally has it open). It's ok now. Ok.
Locked again.

51 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Especially when the "previously" bit suddenly includes something or someone that happened a series or two ago. 

Oh, I wonder if this will be important in this new episode?

See also:  Including the name of an actor whose character is supposed to be dead, or hasn't been in it for ages in the opening credits*

*I know that this may be some required actors guild rule, but still.

Similarly, well kinda anyhoo - I was fair enjoying 'Homeland' a few years back and there was a spell where we couldn't be sure if a main character was alive or dead - this particular storyline carried on for a few episodes before Netflix used his face in the graphic for the next episode !

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Similarly, well kinda anyhoo - I was fair enjoying 'Homeland' a few years back and there was a spell where we couldn't be sure if a main character was alive or dead - this particular storyline carried on for a few episodes before Netflix used his face in the graphic for the next episode !

Star Trek Discovery on Netflix did this with the new Season by having a character front and centre on the Season banner.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I can render your arguement null and void by pointing out that it was an episode of 'Bargain Hunt' that triggered me.

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Netflix is shocking for doing that.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

So much this.  We have 1 CAD licensed PC in here, our CAD guy only works 3 days a week - if you need a drawing on one of those off days? Tough luck.

Why don't we get another licensed PC? Cost.  Why don't we make the 1 licensed PC accessible to all? It's his PC and we can't know his password. 

Sounds like the last company I worked for.  

So small time, yet thinking they were industry leaders.  All the PCs were just local accounts, not on a domain or that, so only the person who used it knew the password could log on as I don't even this there was admin accounts on them.  And lo and behold, whenever they weren't there, something couldn't get done as his was the only PC with the software on it.  They were so tight they would't even buy a couple more licences for resilience.

I lasted 10 weeks there.

Star Trek Discovery on Netflix did this with the new Season by having a character front and centre on the Season banner.
Netflix is shocking for doing that.
I watched a YouTube video about this actually - different users see different banners etc and some people (myself included) will see different banners for the same show in different sections (so one in the "Netflix Originals" section and a different one in "Your Watchlist" section) and it's because they have an algorithm that sorts through suitable screenshots from episodes of the series and works out which one crops best into the size, fits the mood of your previous shows you've watched (so someone might see a banner for Stranger Things that makes it look like a thriller, some will see a banner that makes it look like a teen comedy) and so they might not always include the main character or could include people who have died in a previous episode.

22 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

One of my friends was referring to an American Football team (Cincinnati Bengals) as 'we' the other day on Facebook. That's right up there with Scottish folk referring to English teams as 'we'.

Is there a certain threshold someone has to meet in terms of time spent supporting a non-Scottish sporting team to describe them in this manner?

(English football obviously excepted)