Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
You should have kicked it in the pie.
Not that it would have felt anything.

think the dogs on a suicide mission. last week it was eating my charger whilst i was on the toilet

See the source image

There's a new channel appeared on Freeview 87 called Keep it country.

I clicked on it out of curiosity and they were playing a video of Pilot playing January.

Next up there's a coupled of be-suited O'Rish men on a couch VJaying.

This has comedy potential.

9 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Next door neighbour goes out at 6.30am and scrapes ice off his wife's car. Sexist pig !!

My wife is dropping HUGE hints I should do the same.

Ask her why she wants you to scrape ice off your neighbour's wife's car.

4 hours ago, ah-dee said:

picked my missus up from work and in the 10 minutes that took our dog managed to find and eat a packet with 4 ibuprofen in it! the packet was in my rucksack in the cupboard so a very impressive feat. trip to the vet and a £120 bill!

Your missus stays five minutes away from her work yet you have to go and pick her? Tell her to walk next time.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

There's a new channel appeared on Freeview 87 called Keep it country.

I clicked on it out of curiosity and they were playing a video of Pilot playing January.

Next up there's a coupled of be-suited O'Rish men on a couch VJaying.

This has comedy potential.

One of the programmes on just now is from http://www.irelandwestmusictv.ie/

The presenters are pure Father Ted.

Your missus stays five minutes away from her work yet you have to go and pick her? Tell her to walk next time.
she usually does but she had a load of stuff to get up the road roday and ot was -2°. otherwise the lazy cow usually does

TV programmes , ( especially documentaries) that show you “ what’s coming up” at the start of the programme.
These are usually the best bits and totally pre empt what you’re about to watch .
They should all have a “Spoiler Alert “ warning 

Similarly, on Netflix if you pause for a reason then go to play, on the screen it has a synopsis (right word?) that says the major parts of the episode

I'm in hospital at the moment. I'm okay, have high temp and suspected infection. Anyway I'm in a general ward just now until a bed becomes available in heamotology. There's 4 older women in the room, all of them at least 70 and one of them has just been caught smoking in the toilet. What a fucking arsehole. Thankfully the fire alarm didn't go off. She's been threatened with security if she does it again. Personally I'd have chucked her out! It's a shared toilet too and it's fucking humming inside.

37 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I'm in hospital at the moment. I'm okay, have high temp and suspected infection. Anyway I'm in a general ward just now until a bed becomes available in heamotology. There's 4 older women in the room, all of them at least 70 and one of them has just been caught smoking in the toilet. What a fucking arsehole. Thankfully the fire alarm didn't go off. She's been threatened with security if she does it again. Personally I'd have chucked her out! It's a shared toilet too and it's fucking humming inside.

When I was in in April I was also in general medical ward. Three old woman, one had nothing wrong with her and was being an utter c**t to the nurses. I’d have punted her out on the spot way she treated them. Other one was frequent flyer who called ambulances regularly and nothing wrong with her.

Decided that weekend nursing probably isn’t for me!

2 minutes ago, Rowan said:

When I was in in April I was also in general medical ward. Three old woman, one had nothing wrong with her and was being an utter c**t to the nurses. I’d have punted her out on the spot way she treated them. Other one was frequent flyer who called ambulances regularly and nothing wrong with her.

Decided that weekend nursing probably isn’t for me!

Tell me about it. The guy in the room next to me in A&E was absolutely melted after taking some medication that is meant for cows. The staff were very apologetic to me for the level of noise he was producing. His brother eventually came and he discharged himself! 

Amongst the other women, one is on a nebulizer because she obviously can't breathe. Makes smoking in the toilet even worse. She is 87 so not a daft wee lassie. 

8 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Meant for cows?! 

Yup :lol: 

The consultant in charge had never heard of it and was googling it on the computer beside my bed. He had to phone the manufacturer to find out what affects it could have on a human. The guy was completely out of it so obviously not meant for humans unless you're a fucking idiot! 

Yup [emoji38] 
The consultant in charge had never heard of it and was googling it on the computer beside my bed. He had to phone the manufacturer to find out what affects it could have on a human. The guy was completely out of it so obviously not meant for humans unless you're a fucking idiot! 
I think you might be onto something in your last sentence...

31 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Yup :lol: 

Consultant should have just discharged him with advice consult a vet!

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Tell me about it. The guy in the room next to me in A&E was absolutely melted after taking some medication that is meant for cows. The staff were very apologetic to me for the level of noise he was producing. 

Was he moo-ing?

Glasgow City Council’s commitment to safety.

You’d have thought someone would have noticed the snow had all melted but the temperature had dropped, so it was likely to freeze, and they’d have looked at getting some grit on the pavements.

I’ve been walking down Dumbarton Road/Argyle St for half an hour and already seen two folk go on their arses due to the black ice. Thankfully my Permagrip Soles (£19.99 from Timpsons) have held out so far.

51 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Glasgow City Council’s commitment to safety.

You’d have thought someone would have noticed the snow had all melted but the temperature had dropped, so it was likely to freeze, and they’d have looked at getting some grit on the pavements.

I’ve been walking down Dumbarton Road/Argyle St for half an hour and already seen two folk go on their arses due to the black ice. Thankfully my Permagrip Soles (£19.99 from Timpsons) have held out so far.

Add East Dunbartonshire Council to that too.

Went on my backside three times this morning on my way to the station. Once in full view of a busy main road, once in front of a woman walking her dog in the park (who insisted that she'd walk with me for a bit in case it happened again and I was hurt :lol:) and then once right outside Milngavie Station (where my sharp bantz meant I turned to the guy behind me and said, "just watch out, think it's a wee bit slippery here" whilst flat out on the ground).

Must've given a lot of people a good chuckle mind you. The CCTV from the station should be tremendous as well.