Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People feel obliged to join the queue of traffic , when in fact as has already been mentioned , c***s should be using all lanes available right up until the merge point as it causes shorter tailbacks. It's called late or zipper merging. 

Airbles Road in Motherwell heading down to the lights at Strathclyde Park is a perfect example of this. c***s insistence at joining the queue early causes unnecessary long tailbacks  which block the roundabout when if folk would  only use both lanes and merge at the point where you are supposed to (as per the big arrows on the road) then the queue of traffic wouldn't even reach the roundabout.  

The worst is the total c**t who tries to cut in half way down blocking those who want to continue to the correct merge point. Either queue early with the other c***s, or go all in to the end. 

Re the merging/queuing dilemma, I’ll disclose I drive a bmw. Make of that what you will.

Queues are inevitable at times. Queues that move steadily at 20-40mph are generally quite bearable.

c***s that go nose to tail, braking, causing a massive concertina effect where it goes stop/start are the one that want shooting.

And, obvs, gives me the opportunity and a massive incentive to try and get round these self appointed traffic police as they fail to anticipate the road ahead, leaving me a wee gap for me to sneak up the inside and it’s a total heads gone.

Which magnifies the problem and makes the queue worse. For everyone. Chill the f**k out cuntos. Let it merge.

Football commentators / pundits who refer to a penalty as a “ pen” 
i take it you were watching the Southampton v derby game? i was sat having a rant about exactly the same! boils my pass! it got worse when he called it a "pen kick" the p***k

i take it you were watching the Southampton v derby game? i was sat having a rant about exactly the same! boils my pass! it got worse when he called it a "pen kick" the p***k
One step away from going full "PK"

People feel obliged to join the queue of traffic , when in fact as has already been mentioned , c***s should be using all lanes available right up until the merge point as it causes shorter tailbacks. It's called late or zipper merging. 
Airbles Road in Motherwell heading down to the lights at Strathclyde Park is a perfect example of this. c***s insistence at joining the queue early causes unnecessary long tailbacks  which block the roundabout when if folk would  only use both lanes and merge at the point where you are supposed to (as per the big arrows on the road) then the queue of traffic wouldn't even reach the roundabout.  
The worst is the total c**t who tries to cut in half way down blocking those who want to continue to the correct merge point. Either queue early with the other c***s, or go all in to the end. 
This is clearly a different scenario as you are talking about a permanent road set up.

And I agree with you.

But not on motorway or dual carriageway roadworks scenarios

Went to get my morning coffee at work (subsidised Costa), as with all Costa' you pay and then there's a counter where you collect your drink.

Most civilised people stand a couple of yards away from the pick up counter to allow people to access  their drink if they are called first.  Today three guys decided they'd stand and wait for their drinks right at the collection counter and have a hilarious chat, with everyone having to push past them everytime their drink was called.  Even with about 3 people asking them to move so they could get their drink they wouldn't take the hint.

7 hours ago, ah-dee said:
10 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:
Football commentators / pundits who refer to a penalty as a “ pen” 

Haha

Aye I was :D

this is more than petty to me but for some reason she has bought a small bin that sits next to the Tassimo machine for putting the used capsules in. the kitchen bin is 1 metre away from the machine so why this is necessary is beyond me. they cant even be recycled so ive come to the conclusion shes just being a complere fanny.

this is the same women that got rid of the knife block last week as the counter was "too cluttered". the mind boggles

this is more than petty to me but for some reason she has bought a small bin that sits next to the Tassimo machine for putting the used capsules in. the kitchen bin is 1 metre away from the machine so why this is necessary is beyond me. they cant even be recycled so ive come to the conclusion shes just being a complere fanny.

this is the same women that got rid of the knife block last week as the counter was "too cluttered". the mind boggles

As politely and calmly as possible, point this out to her. You’ve shared how she needlessly spends money, this is a good example. She’s horsed the knives (fine, the kitchen was cluttered) but could she not have removed them from the block and put them in a drawer? And now we’ve bought a bin, it might not have been expensive but it wasn’t needed and it’s definitely clutter!

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Went to get my morning coffee at work (subsidised Costa), as with all Costa' you pay and then there's a counter where you collect your drink.

Most civilised people stand a couple of yards away from the pick up counter to allow people to access  their drink if they are called first.  Today three guys decided they'd stand and wait for their drinks right at the collection counter and have a hilarious chat, with everyone having to push past them everytime their drink was called.  Even with about 3 people asking them to move so they could get their drink they wouldn't take the hint.

Wouldn't it have been a shame if somebody had accidentally spilt their coffee over them as they tried to pick it up.

My work has a lot of casual supervisors and the bosses decided to make 1/3 of them full time permanent supervisors.

I happened to be around on the day of the interviews and the 3 bosses doing the interviews had made a lot of effort to not come to work in the regular work suit but in an upgraded number.

Quite simply why?????

The guys getting interviewed are the ones who should make the effort to look the part.

It's not as if the folk getting interviewed are gonnae turn down the job because the bosses look a bit less sharp than they could.

What a load of wanky shit for no reason whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This complete lack of awareness of what is around you or where you are standing has me seething on an almost daily basis.  Here are some other examples I'm sure everyone has experienced:

Folk stopping in doorways to check their phone/handbag etc.  C*nts.

Folk stopping at the top or bottom of stairs to check phone/handbag etc.  C*nts.

Folk standing in the middle of a busy pavement rather than stand off to the side.  C*nts.

Folk standing at the bar in a busy pub and refusing to make way for other folk trying to get served.  C*nts.

Folk walking 3 or 4 abreast (insert gif here) effectively blocking the entire pavement.  C*nts.

Folk standing right at the bus/train door when folk are trying to get off.  C*nts.

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY YOU SLEVERING, DEAD EYED, BOVINE C*NTS! 

Those of you who have been on a night out in Inverness in the last decade will know the bar The Den, which is joined onto Johnny Foxes.

It's an L-shaped bar and down the longest section, there isn't much room in the walkway between the edge of the bar, and where the booths begin. At Hognamay just there, there was a bunch of what people refer to as Spice Boys in. Young lads about 19 or 20 who didn't really have bar etiquette figured out yet.  All fucking standing a the bar drinking their cocktails when the queue is 2 or 3 bodies deep right the way along.

They swiftly got telt to shift, and when one didn't, he got fucking elbowed out the way.

3 hours ago, pj_puttz said:

This complete lack of awareness of what is around you or where you are standing has me seething on an almost daily basis.  Here are some other examples I'm sure everyone has experienced:

Folk stopping in doorways to check their phone/handbag etc.  C*nts.

Folk stopping at the top or bottom of stairs to check phone/handbag etc.  C*nts.

Folk standing in the middle of a busy pavement rather than stand off to the side.  C*nts.

Folk standing at the bar in a busy pub and refusing to make way for other folk trying to get served.  C*nts.

Folk walking 3 or 4 abreast (insert gif here) effectively blocking the entire pavement.  C*nts.

Folk standing right at the bus/train door when folk are trying to get off.  C*nts.

GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY YOU SLEVERING, DEAD EYED, BOVINE C*NTS! 

Even worse ,  folk who immediately stop and stand still  as soon as they get off an escalator looking like they're wondering where they're going to go next ........but don't leave enough room behind them for other folk coming off the escalator to get past them easily.

1 hour ago, A96 said:

Even worse ,  folk who immediately stop and stand still  as soon as they get off an escalator looking like they're wondering where they're going to go next ........but don't leave enough room behind them for other folk coming off the escalator to get past them easily.

if they're not psychopathic looking and built like a brick shithouse I tend to shove folk like that out of the way. They normally apologise to you if you do it sneakily enough.

Yes, I'm a c**t.

As politely and calmly as possible, point this out to her. You’ve shared how she needlessly spends money, this is a good example. She’s horsed the knives (fine, the kitchen was cluttered) but could she not have removed them from the block and put them in a drawer? And now we’ve bought a bin, it might not have been expensive but it wasn’t needed and it’s definitely clutter!
i very calmly, using small words, stated my case regards the bin being unnecessary but as it wasmt bought new (from an old coffee machine) she doesnt see the issue. just use the bloddy bin thqt was there!

i should have been clearer on the knives. the knife block is gone and the knives are in the drawer. was trying to point out how daft it is to bin one item as its cluttered to replace with another.

i dont know why i stress as the coffee machine will likely be in a cupboard by spring and a shiny new knife block put in place!