Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

There seems to be a lot of confusion about migraines. I've finally been diagnosed with suffering from them after twenty-eight years; the doctor I originally saw ruled them out because I don't get the 'aura' of colours that a lot of people describe. Been given a couple of medications, so I'm praying like f**k that'll be that, as I've had a couple of days at work lately where I'd have taken death happily.

The doctor that diagnosed me claims to suffer from pain-free migraines, which I didn't know was a thing. He gets the aura of colours, sensitivity to light, balance problems etc, but he just pops a betablocker and is right as rain in an hour. Very nice of him to brag about that while I was explaining the mimdbending pain  :lol:

I get ocular migraines probably about 3 or 4 times a year - the latest being last week. I was talking to the wife in her shop then suddenly I couldn't see the left side of her face. The disappearance of the left side of my vision is the only real symptom and lasts about half an hour although they come with the slighest of headaches which remains for the rest of the day although it is a banging headache for the duration of a cough or sneeze. 

The best representations I've seen are the middle picture in this oil painting and this gif. It's quite mad to be looking straight at something but not being able to see all of it. 

4DiZe.gif.44d35faacd84953470ce0b738329223a.gifScreenshot_20190115-115727_Google.thumb.jpg.97f4a580a32761a27ac2c84f1ee811a6.jpg

If I got those proper migraines where you have to lie in a darkened room I'd be taking a couple of valium and knocking myself out. 

They were out and about this morning on 5 Live in what they termed THE NORTH EAST.

Interesting I thought to hear what the people of Buckie, Broch, Ballater or Boddam made of Brexit.

But no, they were in BLYTH (Northumberland).

Now being a UK radio station, that would surely have meant them stating they were in the "North-East of England".

But they didn't, never............and that annoys me.

Edited by tarapoa

When the staff select the music for their benefit.
At doctors surgery earlier and the staff of two 20something receptionists have Radio One on despite the reception area being full of people all way to old to have to listen to that pish.

Stopped for a pint on way home and despite every customer in the bar being male and over 45 the barmaid has MTV on.

The noise is for the customers / service users benefit not for the staff

5 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

When the staff select the music for their benefit.
At doctors surgery earlier and the staff of two 20something receptionists have Radio One on despite the reception area being full of people all way to old to have to listen to that pish.

Stopped for a pint on way home and despite every customer in the bar being male and over 45 the barmaid has MTV on.

The noise is for the customers / service users benefit not for the staff

The staff are there for longer than you

1. Impatient drivers who use the wrong lane because it's quieter then try to cut in to the correct lane at the last minute.

2. Fucking idiot drivers who see the aforementioned arsehole travel up the quieter inside lane and then decide they're going to be courteous and let the impatient c**t cut in at the last minute. You don't need to be courteous to impatient wankers, make them fucking wait for a gap in traffic for their arsehole behaviour.

If I was in charge, both of these c***s would be fed to the pigs.

1. Impatient drivers who use the wrong lane because it's quieter then try to cut in to the correct lane at the last minute.
2. Fucking idiot drivers who see the aforementioned arsehole travel up the quieter inside lane and then decide they're going to be courteous and let the impatient c**t cut in at the last minute. You don't need to be courteous to impatient wankers, make them fucking wait for a gap in traffic for their arsehole behaviour.
Hate these fuckers. Normally it's when a lane is about to be closed. There are plenty of signs telling you to get into the correct lanes but you always get these tossers zooming past. Normally a BMW or Audi as well.

Hate these fuckers. Normally it's when a lane is about to be closed. There are plenty of signs telling you to get into the correct lanes but you always get these tossers zooming past. Normally a BMW or Audi as well.
Sometimes you see the absolute bastion of driving justice that is someone straddling both lanes and stopping p***ks bombing on down the outside for the late cut in. Makes me laugh like f**k, and whenever some one does that everyone else instictively knows to go nose to tail preventing any gaps.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It was a BMW! I can't tell you how pointless his manoeuvre was. The guy skipped about 5 or 6 cars maximum, and when we got to the next set of traffic lights he was turning left and the left lane had more traffic than the right lane, handily I was using that right lane and drove by him. He saved virtually no time on his journey, all he did was confirm he was a complete c**t to around 5 or 6 other drivers.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sometimes you see the absolute bastion of driving justice that is someone straddling both lanes and stopping p***ks bombing on down the outside for the late cut in. Makes me laugh like f**k, and whenever some one does that everyone else instictively knows to go nose to tail preventing any gaps.

Yes! Usually a big b*****ding lorry, just sitting there not giving a f**k whilst some quiff haired w**k violently batters his horn behind him.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

And where do I vote for this?