Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

Plus VAT.

Your repair will cost £500........ 

....plus Vat. 

So £600, you utter walloper. 

Yep, tell me the actual fucking price it's going to cost me you complete toby.  

1 hour ago, Hillonearth said:

On Friday, someone in my work was wearing a Christmas jumper with Whyte & Mackay's on it - all over it in fact, later to be joined by some sick.

Bet he was really pissed off at you.

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, tell me the actual fucking price it's going to cost me you complete toby.  

A few countries do this as a matter of course with their pricing. Really pisses me off.

Go to a pub in Malaysia for example and on the menu or the board behind the bar you'll have some vague approximation of the price of a beer based on what it would cost with no tax and service. But then they add on the tax and service and bring you the bill.

JUST TELL ME WHAT IT'S GOING TO FUCKING COST.

It's like they expect you to bring a calculator to the pub as well as the latest Malaysian tax handbook.

Those fucking Jacamo skits before during and after Sky One shows like the Simpsons etc... You know, the ones with a bunch of large men sit about and talk utter scripted drivel in awful clothes? Aye, that one. 

f**k off with yer Cliffhanger, and Texan Tuxedo chat behemoth! 

Movie posters. They give me a huge cringe.

Acting as a profession is ridiculous to me when I actually think about it. Grown adults pretending to be somebody else. A bit weird. But usually I can get past that and enjoy films like a normal person.

But movie posters with posed 'in character' images on them always make me wince.

Like this one.

image.png.06810bcdb72b3c66950e747517da5240.png

I can imagine the photographer saying "Ok, give me 'tough'". The cringe is huge.

Other variations, obviously depending on the film, might involve the actor standing looking noble and decent (all Liam Neeson films), or tough but troubled (the modern Bond films), or approachable yet vulnerable (typical loser rom-com character). It doesn't matter what the genre is, film posters are vomit-inducing pish that should be removed from public view.

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

Movie posters. They give me a huge cringe.

Acting as a profession is ridiculous to me when I actually think about it. Grown adults pretending to be somebody else. A bit weird. But usually I can get past that and enjoy films like a normal person.

But movie posters with posed 'in character' images on them always make me wince.

Like this one.

image.png.06810bcdb72b3c66950e747517da5240.png

I can imagine the photographer saying "Ok, give me 'tough'". The cringe is huge.

Other variations, obviously depending on the film, might involve the actor standing looking noble and decent (all Liam Neeson films), or tough but troubled (the modern Bond films), or approachable yet vulnerable (typical loser rom-com character). It doesn't matter what the genre is, film posters are vomit-inducing pish that should be removed from public view.

It would seem that there may be something deep down that you're repressing. See a  physiatrist please.

Edited by SaintDougie