Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

53 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Constantly having to edit posts because my phone has autocorrected a word to something ridiculous. Can’t be arsed poof reading every post.

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Constantly having to edit posts because my phone has autocorrected a word to something ridiculous. Can’t be arsed proof reading every post.

Can't you just turn autocorrect off?

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I could but it is useful at times as it more often than not corrects mistakes. It’s just annoying that certain words constantly change because it doesn’t understand them e.g. ‘fucking’ to ‘ducking’.

I was trying to send a message yesterday, where it kept insisting I wanted to amend 'push' to 'pish' - guess I must use pish quite a lot in my vocabulary.

Don't if anyone else has had occasion to use the self-service checkout in Poundland recently, but they've replaced the "hilarious" Elvis voiceover with a Santa one.

I think they were going for a jolly vibe with the voice, but it couldn't have turned out more creepy and sinister if they'd gone the whole hog and just sampled the voice of Jimmy Savile.

42 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Don't if anyone else has had occasion to use the self-service checkout in Poundland recently, but they've replaced the "hilarious" Elvis voiceover with a Santa one.

I think they were going for a jolly vibe with the voice, but it couldn't have turned out more creepy and sinister if they'd gone the whole hog and just sampled the voice of Jimmy Savile.

What annoys me is how it refers to the scanned items as 'presents' 

I was trying to send a message yesterday, where it kept insisting I wanted to amend 'push' to 'pish' - guess I must use pish quite a lot in my vocabulary.
i have a samsung and it gives you 3 suggestions as you start typing. if i type "the" in the number one suggestion is "fucking dog". this makes perfect sense as the dog is a dick

My favourite auto Correct is when I try and type Tartan, it used to change it to Tarzan

I rarely type tartan but I have never typed Tarzan till explaining the stupidity of autocorrect on P&B

49 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

My favourite auto Correct is when I try and type Tartan, it used to change it to Tarzan

I rarely type tartan but I have never typed Tarzan till explaining the stupidity of autocorrect on P&B

I used to find it amusing when Onanist was changed to Unionist. Didn't happen very often.

5 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Horrendous stuff.

"I'm just wrapping Mrs Claus' present!".

Probably a human head, the sick c**t.

Clearly flawed mileage signs on the newly-opened AWPR.

Had a wee taste of it this evening, starting at Cove and taking the spur to the ‘Cleanhill Roundabout’ and then exiting at Culter.

Anyway at Cove I was informed the Airport was 12 miles away.

Cleanhill Roundabout, somewhere between Maryculter and Netherley seemed a 3 to 4 mile drive.

Yet the sign there said the Airport was 11 miles away.

Someone has made an erse of that, and they better fix it.

Just walked into a lift behind some woman. She gets in, presses the button for the floor she wants and just stands there. Either ask me what floor I want or get the f**k out of the way of the buttons you ignorant boot. 

We were in the hospital which will be handy for her getting her pie fixed. 

Just walked into a lift behind some woman. She gets in, presses the button for the floor she wants and just stands there. Either ask me what floor I want or get the f**k out of the way of the buttons you ignorant boot. 
We were in the hospital which will be handy for her getting her pie fixed. 
Helluva way to talk about Mrs Dee Man

My favourite autocorrect is

John McVeigh is a tit

11 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Clearly flawed mileage signs on the newly-opened AWPR.

Had a wee taste of it this evening, starting at Cove and taking the spur to the ‘Cleanhill Roundabout’ and then exiting at Culter.

Anyway at Cove I was informed the Airport was 12 miles away.

Cleanhill Roundabout, somewhere between Maryculter and Netherley seemed a 3 to 4 mile drive.

Yet the sign there said the Airport was 11 miles away.

Someone has made an erse of that, and they better fix it.

My first AWPR PTTGOYN was that the big green road signs were pretty much the first things that went up at the start of the project.  Why?!!  :blink:

Eta:  Also how you get road signs in the centre of town saying 1  3/4 miles to the city centre, yet every other town is only ever rounded up to the mile.  For example, you never see a sign saying Keith 50  1/2.

Edited by Hedgecutter