Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

My girlfriend puts the heating on at night (or rather keeps the heating on). I can’t sleep because it’s absolutely roasting. It’s also a massive waste of money/killing the planet.

I don’t understand how someone can be cold in bed tbh, it isn’t even that cold outside at the moment. Weirdo.

I can recommend a good electric blanket.

1 hour ago, thisal said:

Players not celebrating scoring v former team.  It's pretty insulting to your present club.

Said the same at the weekend.

I feel the rule here is when playing at home celebrating is expected. When playing at former clubs ground you may want to tone down the fist punching

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

What is insulting about it?

A professional footballer should give everything for the club that pays him. Not getting all sentimental a about another team . Especially since 90% of the time it's just look at me.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Presumably he is giving 100% to the team, if he's just scored for them. 

Possibly. But I'd much rather see my players do a Colin McLashan. Kenny Miller refusing to celebrate scoring against Rangers on Saturday was pathetic especially as he'd already gone full tonto scoring for Celtic against them.

25 minutes ago, thisal said:

A professional footballer should give everything for the club that pays him. Not getting all sentimental a about another team . Especially since 90% of the time it's just look at me.

15 minutes ago, thisal said:

Possibly. But I'd much rather see my players do a Colin McLashan. Kenny Miller refusing to celebrate scoring against Rangers on Saturday was pathetic especially as he'd already gone full tonto scoring for Celtic against them.

I watched the game and I don't think you could accuse Kenny Miller of not giving everything. Even for the goal, he could easily have given up chasing that ball if he had no interest in scoring against Rangers.  I watched one of our players score a last minute free kick to win us the game last season and he barely even acknowledged it, I didn't give two fucks because he'd just won us the game. I think some fans get a bit too touchy over this stuff, players playing for your club don't really have the same passion for the club that you do (unless they've also grown up as fans of the club).

Was Dennis Law pathetic when he nonchalantly back-heeled that one in for Man City against Man Utd and walked away with his head down?

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think some fans get a bit too touchy over this stuff, players playing for your club don't really have the same passion for the club that you do (unless they've also grown up as fans of the club).

My favourite one is when players don't come over to applaud the fans after a game, usually induces an absolute seethe from a large percentage, "we pay your wages, come and clap us" 

Usually said after you've been shagged 4-0 and the players have been on the end of non stop abuse for ninety minutes. 

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

My favourite one is when players don't come over to applaud the fans after a game, usually induces an absolute seethe from a large percentage, "we pay your wages, come and clap us" 

Usually said after you've been shagged 4-0 and the players have been on the end of non stop abuse for ninety minutes. 

Don't even start me on this. When we appointed Ian Murray and he got off to an absolute flyer with wins over Falkirk and Morton in his first two games, we had a Meet the Manager session which culminated with one fan standing up and asking why he didn't come over and applaud us at Falkirk or Morton. You could see Murray look over to the DFC official at the end of the table as if to say "Is this a serious fucking question?" and he eventually replied that he leaves that stuff to players and finds it a bit disrespectful for a manager to give it the big one at an away ground after a win, which I felt was a far more diplomatic answer than the question deserved.

24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I watched the game and I don't think you could accuse Kenny Miller of not giving everything. Even for the goal, he could easily have given up chasing that ball if he had no interest in scoring against Rangers.  I watched one of our players score a last minute free kick to win us the game last season and he barely even acknowledged it, I didn't give two fucks because he'd just won us the game. I think some fans get a bit too touchy over this stuff, players playing for your club don't really have the same passion for the club that you do (unless they've also grown up as fans of the club).

Was Dennis Law pathetic when he nonchalantly back-heeled that one in for Man City against Man Utd and walked away with his head down?

I've just thought of another petty thing. People who get all uptight at petty things that annoy me.

The sound on Eurosport's Scottish Open Snooker coverage being all to pot (sic). 

Too quiet, too loud, not even in bloody sync with what we're seeing FFS!!!! :angry:

Edited by Trackdaybob
fat phone fingers

9 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

My girlfriend puts the heating on at night (or rather keeps the heating on). I can’t sleep because it’s absolutely roasting. It’s also a massive waste of money/killing the planet.

I don’t understand how someone can be cold in bed tbh, it isn’t even that cold outside at the moment. Weirdo.

Bedrooms should be nice and cool. Having the heating on at night when folk are sleeping is horrendous behaviour.

50 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

A classic. I always wonder why folk care. It's crazy that they actually get worked up about them coming over and doing a visible clap. It's just show shitey act. Folk crying about players not doing it has become more prevalent these days, as is folk trying to make out all sorts if a players dares not do it, such a player doesn't care, or that a player who doesn't do it doesn't get on with his team mates etc etc.