Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Picked up a company car the other day. Wee computer on it doesnt work so needs to get picked up and fixed. No radio or sat nav until then. Likely goosed parts are currently out of stock so who knows how long it will take to get sorted.

Could see a suction mark from a phone holder on the window right above it, leading me to believe the issue was there before it got handed back.

Why would the previous user not get that fixed?!

I wish I could be one of those people who don't use social media. There has been many occasions that I want to delete my Facebook or Twitter, but I can't bring myself to do so as I still would like access to view my late father's profiles. 

Anyone ever been in a similar predicament? 

Edited by Rovers2017

I wish I could be one of those people who don't use social media. There has been many occasions that I want to delete my Facebook or Twitter, but I can't bring myself to do so as I still would like access to view my late father's profiles. 
I don't miss Facebook at all mate, why don't you just delete/block everyone except your late father?

Do you know his password? If so log in and do the thing where you can download a copy of the entire profile, its a backup thing, all the posts, messages, pictures etc.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Do you know his password? If so log in and do the thing where you can download a copy of the entire profile, its a backup thing, all the posts, messages, pictures etc.

Don't really understand how FB works and what a profile is, but maybe old friends are still posting? 

1 hour ago, ayrshire_nomad said:
2 hours ago, Rovers2017 said:

I don't miss Facebook at all mate, why don't you just delete/block everyone except your late father?

That's actually a pretty good idea which never dawned on me. When I think about it I did have an older FB account which may have him as a friend on it, if that's the case then I'll do what you suggested and then just delete my current one (at least I'll have the option to reopen it if I ever felt like it), and then use the older one to nose on his page. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Unfortunately very shortly after he passed away somebody (we don't know who to this day) got it changed to a remembrance page so never got a chance to log on. We did look into getting it changed back but I don't think Facebook's policies allow for it. 

Thanks for the help guys, it is appreciated. 

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Picked up a company car the other day. Wee computer on it doesnt work so needs to get picked up and fixed. No radio or sat nav until then. Likely goosed parts are currently out of stock so who knows how long it will take to get sorted.

Could see a suction mark from a phone holder on the window right above it, leading me to believe the issue was there before it got handed back.

Why would the previous user not get that fixed?!

They broke it?

5 hours ago, Rovers2017 said:

Yer Da's oan Facebook, sounds like a similar insult to, yer Da sells Avon.

On 17/11/2018 at 21:01, Zen Archer said:

A rugby boot of a lassie comes into the pub just as the first half of the Scotland game finished,  turns the TV onto the rugby and spends the rest of the time on her fucking phone. 

Good job the rugby finished in time to see the third goal.

"How pet, dae ye like egg chasing? Cos I'd like ter chase yer eggs..." 

5bf200669f2da_sidthesexist.jpg.7610f0e17188de63a4ce672567f42f2b.jpg

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm actually raging Köln lost at ice hockey in front of me and seome colleagues, in added time whikst I went for a pish. Fucking drunk and raging.

[pedantry]They didn't do it in front of you if you were away for a pish. If anything, they did it behind your back, which is always worse.[/pedantry]