Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sky.

Just phoned them to bin it, to be told that they have been advertising that my package is now cheaper for existing customers. When I asked why they hadn't contacted customers to tell them this, I was told there are billboards and TV adverts all over the place, and once I had seen them, I should be contacting them to discuss it.

That made me angrier than I was already, so I continued with my original plan and binned the thieving c***s.

On 15/11/2018 at 09:30, buchan30 said:

Forth 1 use to give away a pair of boxers if you guessed correctly. I know what you mean though. if you listen to one or two particular stations that do them, then you can guess the year after the 1st song because its the same songs that they play from the particular year.

Northsound have a habit of giving news or events clue that give it away such as,

'Gordon Strachan scores for Scotland against West Germany in the World Cup in Mexico'

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Sky.

Just phoned them to bin it, to be told that they have been advertising that my package is now cheaper for existing customers. When I asked why they hadn't contacted customers to tell them this, I was told there are billboards and TV adverts all over the place, and once I had seen them, I should be contacting them to discuss it.

That made me angrier than I was already, so I continued with my original plan and binned the thieving c***s.

I gave them notice about 3 weeks ago, as I've got a much better deal with Virgin.

Been getting a phone call every day since, sometimes twice, along with some e-mails and texts.

Funnily enough, they never put such effort into Customer Service for me when they were trousering my Direct Debit payment every month.*

*I fully expect Virgin will be absolutely the same.

6 hours ago, IainMorton said:

A young lad I work with wears his baseball cap all day while in the office. This annoys me more than it should.

EDIT no, I don’t work in MacDonalds or any other fast food outlet.

A guy in my work constantly wears a baseball cap but he admits it's because he's bald and he hates it. Does the guy in your work have hair loss issues?

8 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A guy in my work constantly wears a baseball cap but he admits it's because he's bald and he hates it. Does the guy in your work have hair loss issues?

Nope. Full head of hair. It wouldn’t bother me if he wore if for a reason other than it’s meant to looks cool. Indoors it doesn’t.

55 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Nope. Full head of hair. It wouldn’t bother me if he wore if for a reason other than it’s meant to looks cool. Indoors it doesn’t.

Straight route to hair loss that, clammy head with no airflow. I may have just invented it but tell him anyway.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

A few years ago, I took a party of 4 American golfers to Falkland Golf club - they had booked a round of golf and a meal in the clubhouse afterwards. They were horrified when they went into the dining room and were asked politely if they would mind removing their baseball caps as it didn't conform with the club's dress code.

As far as they were concerned, what they were wearing was the height of high fashion and respectability - I never heard the end of it from these guys. I think it would be fair to suggest that they never went back there again - and possibly never  to another Scottish golf club.

Who's side would you take here in this case?

Used to work with an old guy years ago who was bald and wore a bunnet all the time. He had one bunnet that he wore back and forward to work, and one he changed into when he got in. He just about had his head in his locker when he swapped them over.

12 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

A few years ago, I took a party of 4 American golfers to Falkland Golf club - they had booked a round of golf and a meal in the clubhouse afterwards. They were horrified when they went into the dining room and were asked politely if they would mind removing their baseball caps as it didn't conform with the club's dress code.

As far as they were concerned, what they were wearing was the height of high fashion and respectability - I never heard the end of it from these guys. I think it would be fair to suggest that they never went back there again - and possibly never  to another Scottish golf club.

42 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

An anecdote from Tom Sheild's Diary.

Apparently a pub darts team showed up to play a league fixture at the local golf club where they were dismayed to have their attention drawn to a sign stating "No jeans in the Clubhouse." As they were to a man, dressed in jeans; there was nothing to be done but forfeit the match.

Some time later when the return game came around on the schedule, the golfers arrived at the pub to be met with a sign stating "No Pringle Jumpers." 

A rugby boot of a lassie comes into the pub just as the first half of the Scotland game finished,  turns the TV onto the rugby and spends the rest of the time on her fucking phone. 

Good job the rugby finished in time to see the third goal.

A rugby boot of a lassie comes into the pub just as the first half of the Scotland game finished,  turns the TV onto the rugby and spends the rest of the time on her fucking phone. 
Good job the rugby finished in time to see the third goal.

Does she own the pub or go out with a local hardman? Otherwise that shouldn’t be allowed to stand.

This immediately occurred to me as she proceeded to put on her jaikit and fucked off out the door.

Unfortunately I’d probably have vocally rejected her notion and been given a banning or booting before it occurred to me, but then I think I’ve only frequented the bars of inverkeithing for a night once...

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Unfortunately I’d probably have vocally rejected her notion and been given a banning or booting before it occurred to me, but then I think I’ve only frequented the bars of inverkeithing for a night once...

I don't usually frequent the local alehouses but the money I would have spent on NOW TV is offset against a couple of pints. 

I don't usually frequent the local alehouses but the money I would have spent on NOW TV is offset against a couple of pints. 

I don’t wonder why. At £3.50 a pint you’re probably down but you got to see the locals in their natural habitat