Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Long time ago, when she lived in NZ, the missus had a boyfriend whose family were Dutch and their plan was to do their year abroad at uni in the Netherlands together and live with his family. He broke up with her about a week before they were due to go her but his family still told her to come and she lived with them for a few months. His sister is one of her best friends, she still goes to visit them regularly, etc. The grandmother died last week so she flew out last night to go to the funeral today and decided to stay in Utrecht with another family she lived with in the Netherlands before going to Eindhoven today for the funeral. Her friend's boyfriend is driving from Leiden to Edinhoven for the funeral so offered to pick her up. This morning he says it's too much hassle to go to Utrecht to pick  her up and asks if she can go to The Hague to be picked up instead. She declines and says it's easy for her to meet him at a service station just outside Utrecht. He says it's still too much hassle so, last minute, she now  has to get trains, buses and an uber to the funeral.

Presented to you is the driving directions from Leiden to Eindhoven and the same driving directions with my girlfriend's chosen pick up point if he was coming via Utrecht.

Untitled.thumb.png.0efbe329f76e843b8c0ab54bc78c803e.png

What an intolerable c**t. Her friend is now absolutely raging at him, especially as the missus now might miss the start of the funeral (and is paying an extra 60Euro in travel), and it appears he's gonna get dumped when he arrives in Eindhoven for being an absolute roaster.

#scenes

Callum Morris likes this lad's reasoning. 

(I accept this joke will have a very niche audience of Pars/Ross County posters)

people who refer to facbeook, twitter, instagram and the like, collectively as "social medias" (i'm looking at you, stuart maconi)

media - without the "s" - is already fucking plural...

and yes, thanks, i get that it's "increasingly used by young folk", that "language is constantly evolving" and all that other snowflakey shite - young folk and constantly evolving languages can all get to f**k !

Desktop got replaced when I was on a long weekend. Half my apps for work are missing and office is updated to latest offering.
Spent about 3 hours just setting the sodding thing back up to do some work. There is 7-8 others in same shoes and the IT guy phoned in sick. Magic

45 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

people who refer to facbeook, twitter, instagram and the like, collectively as "social medias" (i'm looking at you, stuart maconi)

For the same reason, Americans (and nobody else does it) who talk about Legos.

52 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

and yes, thanks, i get that it's "increasingly used by young folk", that "language is constantly evolving" and all that other snowflakey shite - young folk and constantly evolving languages can all get to f**k !

Bit rich of you to be criticising other peoples language when you use "snowflake" on a daily basis.

There is a Lufthansa advert on the radio about flights to the Far East and it gives various 'amazing facts'...

One of these is 'there are more bicycles in Beijing than in Amsterdam.

It was so ridiculously obvious I have just checked and Amsterdam has a population of 820K and Beijing has a population of 21.7M........ with more than 26 times the population I'm not surprised by this information

11 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

There is a Lufthansa advert on the radio about flights to the Far East and it gives various 'amazing facts'...

One of these is 'there are more bicycles in Beijing than in Amsterdam.

It was so ridiculously obvious I have just checked and Amsterdam has a population of 820K and Beijing has a population of 21.7M........ with more than 26 times the population I'm not surprised by this information

But the primary purpose has been delivered- you've remembered the company name.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Bit rich of you to be criticising other peoples language when you use "snowflake" on a daily basis.

i use it in context and correctly pluralised - the fact it may be a shite word is a different kettle of fish - and there's nowt wrong wi' a bit of rank hypocrisy  ;)

Edited by Herman Hessian

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:
12 minutes ago, Dee Man said:
The smell of macaroni cheese. Absolutely rancid. Smells like vomit. 

Are you pregnant? Either that or you've made it wrong.

Well if I am I've been pregnant since primary school. I've always hated the smell and always thought it smelled like sick. 

This is going to be one big baby. 

Is it a cheese toastie or cheese and toast? Is it cauliflower cheese or cauliflower and cheese? Is it a cheeseburger or a burger and cheese?

Unless the cheese is served separate from the macaroni I reckon macaroni cheese is fair enough

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix