Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Recently taken to going to a local cafe for lunch with the wife as we are both off the now.

3 days I sat facing the door and every day a pensioner would come in by putting their hand on the glass and pushing the door open ignoring the giant plate on the door designed for that sole purpose.

Needless to say you could easily see a giant print on the glass where their greasy hand had shoved the door.

Seriously, Why do we put up with old folk? They are completely rubbish at everything. Even opening a fucking door is too complicated for them.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:33, Steve_Wilkos said:

Take Care (feat Rihanna)
Passionfruit

Couple of tunes for you there lad

Nah.  Cheers anyway though.  ;)

As for turning into our Dads, it's worse than just slagging off modern music.  I've turned into a weird hybrid of my mum AND dad in a lot of ways.  I hear their words coming out of my mouth when I'm talking to my kids.  The exact same things they used to say to me.

Parenting is basically programming kids.

On 10/11/2018 at 21:30, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Folk with unusual names who seem to get annoyed when you say it wrong.

Just have a normal fucking name then you twat.

Idiots that give their kids normal names with weird spellings,

Pheona,  Zoie, Jayson are three I am aware of recently

Congratulations on inflicting a life time of your child having to say ' I'll spell that for you '

The lads at fives who are just going to turn up the odd week and kick anything that moves. Plenty of effort and enthusiasm in 30 mins mind, charging from one box to another but will touch the ball very little (and when they do, will stumble over as the ball gets trapped between their feet). Frustration boils over quite early, and they’ll end up taking someone out from behind, putting their opponent off work for two weeks. Seen it countless times down the years. Stay at home lads and choose something else to do.

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

Idiots that give their kids normal names with weird spellings,

Pheona,  Zoie, Jayson are three I am aware of recently

Congratulations on inflicting a life time of your child having to say ' I'll spell that for you '

There was a comedian, can't remember who, who said if he ever had a daughter her name would be spelt Shivawn - but pronounced See-ob-han.

7 minutes ago, GordonD said:

There was a comedian, can't remember who, who said if he ever had a daughter her name would be spelt Shivawn - but pronounced See-ob-han.

Jasper Carrot said he was going to name his daughter Henrietta but thought better of it.

Long time ago, when she lived in NZ, the missus had a boyfriend whose family were Dutch and their plan was to do their year abroad at uni in the Netherlands together and live with his family. He broke up with her about a week before they were due to go her but his family still told her to come and she lived with them for a few months. His sister is one of her best friends, she still goes to visit them regularly, etc. The grandmother died last week so she flew out last night to go to the funeral today and decided to stay in Utrecht with another family she lived with in the Netherlands before going to Eindhoven today for the funeral. Her friend's boyfriend is driving from Leiden to Edinhoven for the funeral so offered to pick her up. This morning he says it's too much hassle to go to Utrecht to pick  her up and asks if she can go to The Hague to be picked up instead. She declines and says it's easy for her to meet him at a service station just outside Utrecht. He says it's still too much hassle so, last minute, she now  has to get trains, buses and an uber to the funeral.

Presented to you is the driving directions from Leiden to Eindhoven and the same driving directions with my girlfriend's chosen pick up point if he was coming via Utrecht.

Untitled.thumb.png.0efbe329f76e843b8c0ab54bc78c803e.png

What an intolerable c**t. Her friend is now absolutely raging at him, especially as the missus now might miss the start of the funeral (and is paying an extra 60Euro in travel), and it appears he's gonna get dumped when he arrives in Eindhoven for being an absolute roaster.

#scenes

7 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

The lads at fives who are just going to turn up the odd week and kick anything that moves. Plenty of effort and enthusiasm in 30 mins mind, charging from one box to another but will touch the ball very little (and when they do, will stumble over as the ball gets trapped between their feet). Frustration boils over quite early, and they’ll end up taking someone out from behind, putting their opponent off work for two weeks. Seen it countless times down the years. Stay at home lads and choose something else to do.

In all the years on and off playing fives I've been lucky in that I've only seen this a few times.  There's always the boy that is maybe a bit over enthusiastic, but never really anyone that ever sets out to do someone.

Admittedly, in my advancing years, whilst still quick over short distances, i find the more agricultural side of the game creeping into my repertoire when some 20 year old upstart starts nipping at my heels.