Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Currently watching the Edinburgh derby in the dark on my exercise bike because I forgot to buy sweets for Halloween.
Its like sauchiehall street out there and don’t want to tell kids I don’t have anything. My nice neighbours on the other side have grandkids and go mad for it which makes it worse as I get sloppy seconds. I gave a kid about five packets of Harribo last year and he went awww as if complaining. Nearly booted him in the face. If I had kids fair enough but after seven years I’ve had nothing in return so feck it.
If you could donate money to a kids charity or local issue then I would do it but I don’t see what’s good about eating loads of sweets. They don’t even sing or tell a joke now ffs.

Nowhere near as seething as me. Stay in quite a residential bit so thought I better bother my arse and get a load of sweets in. 25 to 9 and no a single chap at the door. Arseholes.

For the last hour my girlfriend has rotated phone calls on loudspeaker with a cousin, her Gran & her friend. Apparently I have to suck it up as we’re watching the football.

Yet if she’s watching eastenders and I so much as cough I’m to keep silent.

I sense a boot in the pie coming.

14 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Nowhere near as seething as me. Stay in quite a residential bit so thought I better bother my arse and get a load of sweets in. 25 to 9 and no a single chap at the door. Arseholes.

We made that mistake first couple of years after we moved here as well, but it turns out there are no kids of traipsing round the doors at Halloween age within at least ten houses either side of us. so we've got away with it for about the last three years now. Based on the rationale that anyone who does come round is someone we've literally never spoken a word to and their spawn who can consequently GTF, we stopped buying stuff in and we've not been bothered since.

Turning the security light off so any aspiring guisers are forced to traverse a big dark garden helps as well.

Edited by Hillonearth

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Or the cooking instructions are in dark grey on a black background, in tiny lettering, when all the promotional rubbish is ultra clear to David Blunkett.

Had to check there if David Blunkett was dead or not. Glad to hear he's still alive, not sure about his dog.

When the packaging has the cooking instructions under the label. You try to take it off and it rips into small pieces. 
this is made worse when its something like a silverside joint and youre trying to read it through the plastic and the bloods leaking out

Am I picking up a sense of disappointment from people who didn't get kids knocking on their door asking for sweets?

Disappointed? I’m furious! The f**k am I going to do with a whole bucket of the shitest sweeties home bargains had to offer?! These wee b*****ds only think of themselves.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Disappointed? I’m furious! The f**k am I going to do with a whole bucket of the shitest sweeties home bargains had to offer?! These wee b*****ds only think of themselves.

I’ve put on about a stone this week from Haribo consumption. 

14 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Never mind the time and money spent installing chains in the basement. :angry:

14 hours ago, mizfit said:

For the last hour my girlfriend has rotated phone calls on loudspeaker with a cousin, her Gran & her friend. Apparently I have to suck it up as we’re watching the football.

Yet if she’s watching eastenders and I so much as cough I’m to keep silent.

I sense a boot in the pie coming.

I don't understand this one. Are you saying that your girlfriend is sitting in the same room as you, making calls on speakerphone (for god knows what reason), and that you're not to complain "because" you're getting to watch the football? i.e. you're getting to do something you like, so as part of some sort of cosmic karmic balancing act she feels the need to try and screw you over a bit?

Or is it just that she would always make the calls that way (again, why?0, and it just so happens that you're in the same room watching football?

Either way if she's an Eastenders fan you should be piebooting anyway.

Send me your bank details il give you a tenner for them

Do I have to send you the sweets? I can’t really be arsed doing that tbh.
Never mind the time and money spent installing chains in the basement. :angry:

Nah, I sold all that and bought the sex pram.

On 10/27/2018 at 16:58, Trackdaybob said:

I know what you mean and inevitably, I will do. 

40 minutes online 'chatting' to cancel a phone contract :angry:

40 fucking minutes.

14 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Lazy kids want everything  delviered, go sit in your car outside a school and offer sweets to the kids there, don't see an issue in that.