Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I have shutters on my windows. All light and indications of tv will be sealed in. Kids will be in bed. I will watching football and ignoring the door.

Since I moved into my own house I've not even tried to be subtle about not being home for these wee entitled p***ks.  Music/TV up loud, all the lights on, ignore the door.  f**k them, expecting hand-outs for buying a costume off the internet and being cheeky wee bams.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

One of the old bats in work who is constantly cold (shes in her 50s) has come in today wearing a skirt and tights instead of dress trousers.  Where's the fucking logic here?  Of course you're going to be cold wearing that.  It's 2 degrees outside for f**k sake.

Thankfully I have two job interviews this week still to attend.

The temp in the office is exactly the same as it was in August and September, the heating / air conditioning makes sure of that.

Hasn't stopped 4 of the woman in here starting to use heater bag things. They look like wee pillows and they go in the microwave for a couple of minutes and they stay warm on their laps. The microwave has pinged about 6 times an hour so far as they are all cold 'becuase it looks cold outside the window'

1 minute ago, MEADOWXI said:

The temp in the office is exactly the same as it was in August and September, the heating / air conditioning makes sure of that.

Hasn't stopped 4 of the woman in here starting to use heater bag things. They look like wee pillows and they go in the microwave for a couple of minutes and they stay warm on their laps. The microwave has pinged about 6 times an hour so far as they are all cold 'becuase it looks cold outside the window'

Same in my office.  You can't move for those plug in electric heaters.  Purely attention seeking IMO.

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:45, GordonD said:

No, I was going to point out that every child is different.  I don't recall how old I was when my mum stopped taking me - I had one fairly quiet road to cross (with a lollipop man) and one quiet side-street (a cul-de-sac) before I came to my own street. (Also a cul-de-sac.) Coming home there would be a crowd of us, not so much going to school in the morning. I also went home for dinner so the same question arose then. Anyway as I said I can't remember how old I was but I'm sure I was doing it by the time I was thirty seven.

FTFY Gordon.

23 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Fanny warmers.

There are a couple of folk who go out for a smoke at around the same time each afternoon.

Every single time, without fail, when they come back in to the office at least 2 folk ask them what the weather is like.

There is a large window in the office.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

There are a couple of folk who go out for a smoke at around the same time each afternoon.

Every single time, without fail, when they come back in to the office at least 2 folk ask them what the weather is like.

There is a large window in the office.

I get asked this every day at around 3pm when I come back from a smoke by 1 lassie. We don't have a window in our office but it still does my tits in.  I just wonder, why do you care ya cow? You're finishing work, going home to your cat and sitting watching recorded episodes of Homes Under the Hammer, the weather outside is of no consequence to you.

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I get asked this every day at around 3pm when I come back from a smoke by 1 lassie. We don't have a window in our office but it still does my tits in.  I just wonder, why do you care ya cow? You're finishing work, going home to your cat and sitting watching recorded episodes of Homes Under the Hammer, the weather outside is of no consequence to you.

Exactly this! Folk will go to their car then when they get home that's them. The weather is no concern to them.

Unless you work outside all day, so someone like a farmer or a tradesman.  Why the f**k do you care if its 1 degree?  Or raining?  Or windy?  You walk out from your place of work to your car for no more than a minute presumably.  Drive home, and walk into your house.  Probably less than 15 seconds from car to door.

This obsession with small talk, particularly about weather is most certainly a PTTGOMN.

Ditto for me. The same cow asks every single person about the weather that's been out and gives us all a report when she returns from her lunch that nobody asks for. Infuriating!

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Why the f**k do you care if its 1 degree?  Or raining?  Or windy?  You walk out from your place of work to your car for no more than a minute presumably.  Drive home, and walk into your house.  Probably less than 15 seconds from car to door.

Or you're standing at a freezing bus stop in the pishing rain for 15 minutes.

Jealousy will get you nowhere, sir.

15 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

When the packaging has the cooking instructions under the label. You try to take it off and it rips into small pieces. 

Or the cooking instructions are in dark grey on a black background, in tiny lettering, when all the promotional rubbish is ultra clear to David Blunkett.

Currently watching the Edinburgh derby in the dark on my exercise bike because I forgot to buy sweets for Halloween.

Its like sauchiehall street out there and don’t want to tell kids I don’t have anything. My nice neighbours on the other side have grandkids and go mad for it which makes it worse as I get sloppy seconds. I gave a kid about five packets of Harribo last year and he went awww as if complaining. Nearly booted him in the face. If I had kids fair enough but after seven years I’ve had nothing in return so feck it.

If you could donate money to a kids charity or local issue then I would do it but I don’t see what’s good about eating loads of sweets. They don’t even sing or tell a joke now ffs.