Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This. There have been times in my office when some lassies have the coat and scarf on and sometimes even a heater whilst I'm sitting there in a polo shirt with the fan on.

I used to work in an office where one woman wanted the place at jungle heat whilst another wanted it Arctic. They used to fanny about with the heating when the other was out the room. Eventually one of them reported me to the HR department for not sorting it out in her favour.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This. There have been times in my office when some lassies have the coat and scarf on and sometimes even a heater whilst I'm sitting there in a polo shirt with the fan on.

Then you get the stare of death when even suggesting that a window gets opened for ten minutes to let some air in.

Sometimes I am the first in the office and open the window cos I am an unfit f'cker and end up sweating as I walk up from the bus stop. Sit there for five minutes everything is fine, someone comes in and the window is immediately shut.

More irritating are the ones who crave attention for it.

It starts by visibly putting coat and scarf on, then it’s an exclamation of how cold it is, probably repeated about 5 times, then it’s shivering in a way of making sure everyone can see it with a loud ‘brrrrrrrr’, as if anyone actually makes that noise naturally.

We fucking get it, you’re cold.

ETA - was there not also some lunatic feminist who argued that temperatures in offices were proof of how sexist the workplace was

Pre-order being a thing.

Order - I pay for something and it is delivered  or made available at the agreed time

Pre-order - I pay for something and it is delivered or made available at the agreed time

You are not pre-ordering you are ordering. Same as pre-drinks...... You are drinking.

32 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Pre-order being a thing.

Order - I pay for something and it is delivered  or made available at the agreed time

Pre-order - I pay for something and it is delivered or made available at the agreed time

You are not pre-ordering you are ordering. Same as pre-drinks...... You are drinking.

If you pre-order on Amazon you don't pay until it becomes available.

34 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Pre-order being a thing.

This is indeed petty, and I'm not sure very valid.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Pre-order being a thing.

pre-mature ejaculation ?

asking for a friend...

My office is rammed with folk in their late 50s and earlier 60s, most of who have worked here their entire adult life (fuck knows why).  And this week, as it's a couple of degrees cooler than it has been, the electric heaters under the desks are out, the jackets are on and the scarves too.  I'm sat here in my shirt and tie scared to move in case I pass out with the heat.  The air isn't moving at all.  

Old people are gimps.

In the past two days I’ve had 3 meeting requests sent to me with a closing line of “And if you have to send apologies for not attending, please find a suitable replacement to come to the meeting on your behalf”.

How about you learn to organise a fucking meeting at a time which the proper people can attend you useless fannies. And if you can’t, you find somebody else to go because I’m not wasting my time doing that for you.

PS I met someone today who now has a double-barrelled surname because they recently got married. A bloke. Why?

More irritating are the ones who crave attention for it.

It starts by visibly putting coat and scarf on, then it’s an exclamation of how cold it is, probably repeated about 5 times, then it’s shivering in a way of making sure everyone can see it with a loud ‘brrrrrrrr’, as if anyone actually makes that noise naturally.

We fucking get it, you’re cold.

ETA - was there not also some lunatic feminist who argued that temperatures in offices were proof of how sexist the workplace was

If you tell them it’s not cold, it’s 21 degrees. “Feel my hands!”

“That could be construed as inappropriate touching and result in disciplinary action being taken.”

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

PS I met someone today who now has a double-barrelled surname because they recently got married. A bloke. Why?

Could be that guy on Dr Who who got sent back in time, maybe to the 50's. It was a thing then. Watch him.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Because he's weak as piss. 

In the past two days I’ve had 3 meeting requests sent to me with a closing line of “And if you have to send apologies for not attending, please find a suitable replacement to come to the meeting on your behalf”.

How about you learn to organise a fucking meeting at a time which the proper people can attend you useless fannies. And if you can’t, you find somebody else to go because I’m not wasting my time doing that for you.

When I was temping I had a boss who sent me in his place to the odd meeting. Nobody knew who I was, so they took me seriously and just talked rubbish and got nothing done as usual. One meeting a really high up guy was running it and found me out fairly quickly, though was kind about it. Scared the shit out of everyone else and it turned out to be an amazingly  focused and productive meeting. Send Tony.

Edited by welshbairn

Dunfermline’ second choice/second rate keeper David Hutton came back last preseason as David Sinclair Hutton.