Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The Screen Time function on the latest version of Apple operating system. Clearing your browser history does not clear that. Just as well that my browsing is whiter than white! :whistle

You can turn it off. [emoji28]

On 04/10/2018 at 10:00, The Minertaur said:

If only! Might have cut down the guest list!

Wedding was at a country house that we had sole use of for Tues - Thurs (wedding on Wednesday). Groomsman was concerned he couldn't afford it when I text the week before to say that it's bring your own food/drink for the Tuesday night. 

The 2 groomsmen still managed to turn up late on the Tuesday by sitting in Wetherspoons in Inverurie for most of the afternoon.

Hold on, did you ask people to take off Tuesday-Thursday to attend your wedding? Must’ve cut down attendees surely.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Hold on, did you ask people to take off Tuesday-Thursday to attend your wedding? Must’ve cut down attendees surely.

The wedding itself was on the Wednesday so most guests just took a day off.  Family and wedding party all took longer off to enjoy the country house. Had it's own pool, hot tubs, mini football pitch outside etc.  Dream venue but there was no chance we could afford to do a weekend wedding there as it was double the price.

Have been to a few midweek weddings though so it's not just me!

45 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

The wedding itself was on the Wednesday so most guests just took a day off.  Family and wedding party all took longer off to enjoy the country house. Had it's own pool, hot tubs, mini football pitch outside etc.  Dream venue but there was no chance we could afford to do a weekend wedding there as it was double the price.

Have been to a few midweek weddings though so it's not just me!

If it was someone close to me I’d take a couple of days off, but for your average wedding I wouldn’t. On the plus side that’s probably an advantage as it means only people that actually want to be there will go.

25 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If it was someone close to me I’d take a couple of days off, but for your average wedding I wouldn’t. On the plus side that’s probably an advantage as it means only people that actually want to be there will go.

I'd say that we probably had 85% of our invited guests there. Can only think of a handful of guests who couldn't manage due to work and they were all teachers.  I think if you give people plenty of notice then it's normally alright! Everybody who we were desperate to be there was told the date as soon as we booked it over a year before the wedding.

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

The wife very kindly opened my bag of coffee for me. It looks like she used a lawnmower. Grounds all over the place at 5 am. Lovely.

Grounds for divorce if you ask me.

badum-tish.jpg