Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I'm not getting the 2 digit number for more money speak. I think Celtic greatest number is 7. Maybe wrong....

If you mean Jinky then I would agree.

But I was talking about current players, and the mugs supporters who want a  shirt with their favourite player's name and number on the back. My understanding is that the shop would charge by the individual letter (God help the Vennegoor of Hesslink fans when he was at Parkhead) and number. If their favourite is no. 23 then the club shop will charge twice as much to put that on the shirt than they would for no. 9.

The idea that Celtic care about how much they make on printing squad numbers in the shops is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. Season tickets, sponsorship, selling players, TV rights and European football are the revenue streams which matter to Celtic - whether they get an extra quid per print because fan favourite Kouassi is number 88 really isn’t going to be a factor.

If the thread title was “petty things that got on your nerves”, it used to be aggravating when people suggested that the main reason we bought immensely talented players like Nakamura and Ki was to sell a few shirts in the far East. Naka in particular was the most talented player in Scotland when he was here.

15 minutes ago, The OP said:

The idea that Celtic care about how much they make on printing squad numbers in the shops is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever heard. Season tickets, sponsorship, selling players, TV rights and European football are the revenue streams which matter to Celtic - whether they get an extra quid per print because fan favourite Kouassi is number 88 really isn’t going to be a factor.

If the thread title was “petty things that got on your nerves”, it used to be aggravating when people suggested that the main reason we bought immensely talented players like Nakamura and Ki was to sell a few shirts in the far East. Naka in particular was the most talented player in Scotland when he was here.

Du Wei on the other hand...

My in-law brought her kid round a couple of days ago, who is full of cold. We're leaving for our holidays in a couple of hours and the wee one is sitting here crabbit as f**k coughing away. Fucking braindead. Why would you take your ill kid out the house, let alone to another kid who is going away.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:41, Hampden Diehard said:

Thirty-something couples who queue outside coffee shops when the street's hoachin' with them.

There's a wee place called Bramble on Fenwick Road that has been there for about 2 years and just recently it must have become one these 'trendy hotspots'. Absolute roasters hanging about at the door and outside the door waiting on a place in a cafe with about 10 seats.

Does my nut in when A. It isn't anything special and B. There at least 2 alternatives where you wouldn't have to wait.

52 minutes ago, Tommy Nooka said:

There's a wee place called Bramble on Fenwick Road that has been there for about 2 years and just recently it must have become one these 'trendy hotspots'. Absolute roasters hanging about at the door and outside the door waiting on a place in a cafe with about 10 seats.

Does my nut in when A. It isn't anything special and B. There at least 2 alternatives where you wouldn't have to wait.

^^^^ Had to wait to get in

6 hours ago, GordonD said:

If you mean Jinky then I would agree.

But I was talking about current players, and the mugs supporters who want a  shirt with their favourite player's name and number on the back. My understanding is that the shop would charge by the individual letter (God help the Vennegoor of Hesslink fans when he was at Parkhead) and number. If their favourite is no. 23 then the club shop will charge twice as much to put that on the shirt than they would for no. 9.

Yes, I remember when the Green Sisters used to sign Big Name Players, too!

Mulumbwho?:whistle

20 hours ago, bishopburn boy said:

Was walking the dog , and some  ****womble had decided that they were good enough to pick up the dogs sh*te , but decided to leave the wee bag , handles knotted for the sh*te fairy to pick up later 

lazy bustards , pick it up and bin it 

Wait, cockwomble is censored now?

Edit: apparently not  :unsure:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My in-law brought her kid round a couple of days ago, who is full of cold. We're leaving for our holidays in a couple of hours and the wee one is sitting here crabbit as f**k coughing away. Fucking braindead. Why would you take your ill kid out the house, let alone to another kid who is going away.

She's jealous of you going on holiday.

Edited by welshbairn

The way the media are referring to a crisis at Celtic FC after 6 games  and whether Rogers can hold onto his job after their, “ worst start in 20 years”

It just shows the utter arrogance of both the press and Celtic that they take it as a given they should win every game .

The way the media are referring to a crisis at Celtic FC after 6 games  and whether Rogers can hold onto his job after their, “ worst start in 20 years”

It just shows the utter arrogance of both the press and Celtic that they take it as a given they should win every game .

It's been a longstanding principle of Scottish football journalism that at any given moment there must be a "Crisis" at Ibrox or Parkhead.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No Monday Night Football has me disproportionately seething tonight. Mrs B backshift, baby B's in their pits and I have f**k all to watch.

I just watched the film Calibre on Netflix after good reviews on the Netflix thread. Highly recommend.