Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Johnny Cash's claim that he'd been everywhere, yet could only only seem to run through a long list of cities across North America*.
Bloody American. 

*He included Argentina tbf, although I'm not particularly convinced that he actually did and may have made this up for nothing more than rhyming purposes.  Had he done so then you would think that he might have popped into one of the adjacent countries, particularly if you're going to be recording and distributing fairly bold statements such as "I've been everywhere".  Uruguay is just a hop, skip and a jump away from Buenos Aires after all.
I also find it suspicious that neither New York or Los Angeles make his list, these being the two largest cities at opposite ends of his own country that you think would deserve a mention.  Personally I think the c**t's was at it.  Not once did I see him around Aberdeen, never mind Brechin. 

I can mind seeing him in the goth in rosyth once or twice so I think he’s telling the truth.

Or he was played on the jukebox. Could be either tbh.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Johnny Cash's claim that he'd been everywhere, yet could only only seem to run through a long list of cities across North America*.

Bloody American. 

*He included Argentina tbf, although I'm not particularly convinced that he actually did and may have made this up for nothing more than rhyming purposes.  Had he done so then you would think that he might have popped into one of the adjacent countries, particularly if you're going to be recording and distributing fairly bold statements such as "I've been everywhere".  Uruguay is just a hop, skip and a jump away from Buenos Aires after all.

I also find it suspicious that neither New York or Los Angeles make his list, these being the two largest cities at opposite ends of his own country that you think would deserve a mention.  Personally I think the c**t's was at it.  Not once did I see him around Aberdeen, never mind Brechin. 

I met him once in Strathmiglo, Fife. He was just wandering around pleased to talk to anyone who came from the village. A mate of mine at that time stayed in Cash Feus in the village and JC was anxious to know if there were still people in the village with the name Cash. He was an okay guy to talk to.

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I met him once in Strathmiglo, Fife. He was just wandering around pleased to talk to anyone who came from the village. A mate of mine at that time stayed in Cash Feus in the village and JC was anxious to know if there were still people in the village with the name Cash. He was an okay guy to talk to.

His brother lives in Airdrie.,,Shorty. He drank in the pub I worked in and claimed to be the best kisser in the town. 

Just seen for the first time on Sky Sports, a league table based on "Expected goals per game".

What the f**k?
You know what it as? A lot of wanky shite with no relevance whatsoever.
(stattos incoming)
What's even worse is that there's more than one way to calculate "XG" depending on which stat firm do it. Load of w**k.

What's even worse is that there's more than one way to calculate "XG" depending on which stat firm do it. Load of w**k.
I thought SSN using stats from Football Manager when talking about players was bad. But this patter is fucking chronic. Absolutely desperate shite from Sky. Get it tae f**k.

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

:lol:

True story apart from living, he'll be long dead. Some folk said Shorty was just a nickname because his surname was Cash. I prefer to believe he was Johnnie's brother. He certainly drank like him in his early days. Shorty was actually among the saner clientele.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Bloody American. 

I also find it suspicious that neither New York or Los Angeles make his list, these being the two largest cities at opposite ends of his own country that you think would deserve a mention.  Personally I think the c**t was at it.  Not once did I see him around Aberdeen, never mind Brechin. 

He'd been to Folsom Prison and San Quentin so he did get an idea of what visiting Aberdeen and Brechin is like. 

Spoiler

5ba5549b74465_johnnycash.jpg.ac4c92ad90681bc4fdce6b08d26b3b41.jpg

I thought SSN using stats from Football Manager when talking about players was bad. But this patter is fucking chronic. Absolutely desperate shite from Sky. Get it tae f**k.

Was david moyes not the 1st manager to use football manager stats to scout players?

The gig ticket shop in Glasgow used to have big posters all over its window, letting you know what was on for the next 6 months or so.  Now they've gone all modern and have a feckin digital screen which shows you what's on next week...... so you wait 10 minutes to see the whole lot.  This is not progress.

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

A certain Thistle supporter once bought another one a pint but the pub shut before there was time to return the favour. A few days later they met in the street and Stocksie the first guy said, "Remember the pint I bought you on Saturday?"

"Well, yes, but I'm not going to the pub just now."

"In that case can I have the money instead?"

This is Edinburgh, though.  Probably standard behaviour.

14 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Was david moyes not the 1st manager to use football manager stats to scout players?

anyone else been watching Bodyguard ?

not usually one to ascribe much accuracy to interview room e-fit images, but has anyone ever seen Moyes and the mysterious Richard Longcross in the same room together, eh ?

image.png.50ca83414a11e986fcb47e5538bc9743.png

Edited by Herman Hessian

36 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

The gig ticket shop in Glasgow used to have big posters all over its window, letting you know what was on for the next 6 months or so.  Now they've gone all modern and have a feckin digital screen which shows you what's on next week...... so you wait 10 minutes to see the whole lot.  This is not progress.

Spot on, I went to see if they were selling Dandy Warhols tickets today and normally I'd have a wee look at the list in the window and see if they they're were selling tickets or not. Went today and the list on the screen was at November. Would've spent my whole lunchbreak waiting for it to get to January.

For the record, they were selling tickets and I purchased two.

I think he did when he was at Everton
anyone else been watching Bodyguard ?
not usually one to ascribe much accuracy to interview room e-fit images, but has anyone ever seen Moyes and the mysterious Richard Longcross in the same room together, eh ?
Longcross must be the better looking twin

8 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Spot on, I went to see if they were selling Dandy Warhols tickets today and normally I'd have a wee look at the list in the window and see if they they're were selling tickets or not. Went today and the list on the screen was at November. Would've spent my whole lunchbreak waiting for it to get to January.

For the record, they were selling tickets and I purchased two.

Does Zia still whip her top off on stage?

Edited by Shandon Par